Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Montreal & Quebec hotels - here are my choices, someone please help

May 8th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Terri

I have been researching hotels for our trip to Montreal and Quebec City this August almost to exhaustion and insanity. However, I think I may have my choices: Montreal: Queen Elizabeth; Quebec City - Dominion 1912. I have read fabulous reviews of Dominion 1912 but havent heard a thing about the Queen Elizabeth. Can anyone comment on my selection? Also, how are runners up: Montreal - Rennaissance and Quebec City - Best Western (Radisson is full)? If someone can help me seal the deal I would greatly appreciate it!

May 9th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Louis

I'm sorry to had another choice, but I Have you looked at "Le Germain" in Montreal. Same owners as the "Dominion" in Quebec, same kind of fabulous reviews. In same area as Queen E., but certainly much nicer. The Queen E. is OK, but it is a very large and rather impersonal hotel.

May 9th, 2002, 10:57 AM
ttt

ttt

May 9th, 2002, 03:28 PM
elaine

Terri,
we have stayed sev'l night at Hotel Dominion 1912 the past 2 years. It is a gem!
Re: Montreal - we have friends who stayed at QE - they thought it was fine and well-located.
we have stayed at auberge du-vieux port several times. the owners also have a newer property (also in the old port), Place d'Armes. we toured this small hotel and it is just lovely. both properties have websites.
have a wonderful vacation!

May 9th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Joe

Seal the deal on the QE. It is a nice, efficient hotel. Comfortable but not opulent. Views are good but not fantastic. I'd recommend it, though, based on its friendly staff and central location. It is a long walk to the old port, but you can do it. And everything in the downtown area is walkable. We even walked from the hotel up Mount Royal. At night we took cabs to various entertainment districts, all of which are a short hop from the hotel. Also, staff is friendly. And, you should go to the Beaver Club restaurant within the hotel. Best restaurant in Montreal for my money.

May 10th, 2002, 07:11 PM
kim

Terri, I've been doing the exact same thing as you. W've also chosen Dominion in QC, but are probably going with the Loews Hotel Vogue in Montreal.

May 31st, 2002, 01:14 AM
Tina

Can someone give me more information about Dominion 1912 in Quebec City? Including a website and your experience, please. Thanks

Jun 1st, 2002, 06:08 AM
christine

Here's the website for Hotel Dominion:
http://www.hoteldominion.com/ang/accueil/frameacc.html. Haven't stayed there yet, though. I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip.