Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Merry Christmas (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/merry-christmas-758017/)

tovarich Dec 24th, 2008 06:06 AM

Merry Christmas

To you all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year.We have tentative planning in the make for 2009,visit to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.Paul

irecommend Dec 24th, 2008 06:36 AM

Merry Christmas to you to! Your trip is guaranteed to be amazing

aucho53 Dec 24th, 2008 07:18 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! All the best!

Layla %%-

SusanInToronto Dec 24th, 2008 11:19 AM

Happy holidays to everyone! It's pouring rain here in Toronto, but I suspect it won't wash away all the snow we've had the last few days.

April Dec 24th, 2008 11:26 AM

We plan to visit parts of southern Ontario and Quebec City next spring. Right now the snow is melting in Victoria, but there may be more on the way. Merry Christmas all!

llamalady Dec 24th, 2008 11:37 AM

Happy Festivus from North Vancouver
where no one is going no where no
how! Super excuse to just sit,
cappucino in hand, and enjoy the
view from the window....it's just
so NOT Vancouver-like. LOL

LoveItaly Dec 24th, 2008 10:29 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all our Canadian cousin from the Sacramento Valley in Northern Calfornia.

May all of you be with your loved ones and may you have a relaxing and joyous holiday season.

BAK Dec 29th, 2008 04:58 AM

I would have wished Fororits Merry Christmas, except both my computers too a trip this holiday seasons, and spent most of the holidays at the service department of Future Shop.

Lessons for us all:

1/ Even with good anti-virus software, it is possible to get hiot. (One one computer, all the icons disappeared off sccreen. When restarted, the icons would stay on-screen for only a second of two, disappear for a monute or so, returrn again for another second or two,...)

Nothing obviously wrong with the second one, but the technician reported a trojan.

Don't trust your e-mail program's sub-folders as an archive for e-mails. We carefully pulled out business messages we received and placed them each in a client specific folder, and now the folders have disappeared in the rebilding process.

3/ We were back and forth to Future Shop at least six times, and spent hours in a Starbucks in Chapters in the same plaza waiting for things we were told would take and hour and really took four, five, overnight..... Getting coffeee refills free with a Starbucks card is a good thing.

$/ Through ti all, we still think Future Shop service was good, even though we're taking the other computer back this a.m. to try to get contacts linked to e-mail, and find all the contacts added in the past four or five months. (At least we've recovered all the e-m,ails since April, which had disappeared for a while)

6/ TEchnicians recommend a manual backup, in addition to automation. Just drag the documents folder to an expertnal hard drive every once in a while.

All in all, annoying but none the less relaxing -- got to read and watch tv and play with a visiting dog plus our own dog..

So, HAPPY NEW YEARTS from us.

BAK

annetti Dec 29th, 2008 08:08 AM

llamalady: Happy Festivus to you, too. I hope I'm not too late? Is it celebrated on the 25th, too?