Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Lots of Canada Board Fodorites quoted in MTL and TO books - here's a link (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/lots-of-canada-board-fodorites-quoted-in-mtl-and-to-books-heres-a-link-303790/)

Elizabeth_S Feb 13th, 2008 12:00 AM

Lots of Canada Board Fodorites quoted in MTL and TO books - here's a link

http://www.fodors.com/news/story_2922.html

Get your free book!

aucho53 Feb 13th, 2008 01:16 PM

Good job guys!!!

Layla %%-

Carmanah Feb 13th, 2008 04:13 PM

Oh wow, sweet! :)

mitchdesja Feb 13th, 2008 04:58 PM

Now I want to buy this guide to read what I said !!

mitchdesi was my screen name for a while , then there were problems with log in and I had to change it again.

I'll browse through it at Chapters first.

this is a great travel board year after year, really enjoyable to share advice and also to get some on other boards when I travel

mitchdesja Feb 13th, 2008 05:06 PM

I read too quickly, we do get a free book, how amazing, I just emailed them.

thanks for the heads-up !!

SusanInToronto Feb 14th, 2008 07:06 AM

I too would like to know what I said! I've already sent away my request for the free book - I'm asking for the new edition of Central America.

kodi Feb 14th, 2008 10:51 AM

I just got back from Indigo's . I just had to see what was in the Toronto book! Mine was a little experience I had.

Toedtoes, your's was great!!I saw your name twice. CUTE!!

LJ and Goddess, I saw your names too.

Sorry, I didn't see anyone elses. But then I didn't want to stand there too long reading the book.

I was going to buy it ( I've ordered a different complimentary copy) but it was being sold at Canadian prices which was $3.05 more than the US price. I'll wait til I'm in Buffalo.

toedtoes Feb 14th, 2008 07:16 PM

Kodi - what did I say? what did I say? Was it worthy of a Canadian Wannabe? :-d

I can't wait to get my copy and read everyone's comments.

You know, I think I'm becoming famous up there - first I was named on two albums in the "the artist wishes to thank..." sections and now I'm in a travel guide. Perhaps AirCanada needs to start flying me up there for free. (hint hint)

travgina Feb 15th, 2008 11:29 AM

Well, I just got an email from Tod on the Europe board congratulating me, so I am also anxious to see what I said.

Congrats to everyone else who was quoted!

Carmanah Feb 15th, 2008 03:10 PM

Today at lunch I went to the downtown Chapter's and found my quote. First page on Montreal you open it and see:

"Montreal... is not about attractions as it is about its neighbourhoods, and strolling around trying different cafes, browsing into shops, admiring the architecture, strolling through the parks. It's not what's inside, but what's on the outside." - Carmanah

It's kind of surreal to see, but awesome nonetheless. :)

kodi Feb 15th, 2008 03:56 PM

Oh, now Toed, I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise of it all!!!
But I'll give you a hint. One quote is about Toronto and one quote is about Niagara Falls. Yes you are worthy!!!

You are SUCH an honourary Canadian, I agree, Air Canada should be doing something for you. But to truly be Canadian, you simply MUST exprerience a huge snow storm!!!
I had forgotten you were mentioned on the album liners.

toedtoes Feb 15th, 2008 05:23 PM

Ooh!! Toronto AND Niagara Falls! I'm so excited. I can't wait to get the book and show it around. I may have to stop by a bookstore and peek this weekend.

kodi Feb 15th, 2008 05:29 PM

Yes, both. You are in there twice.. who knows it could be more!!
You ARE famous!!

toedtoes Feb 15th, 2008 07:28 PM

I guess I better start thinking of some more catchy comments about Canadian places so I can get in the other books also. :-d

toedtoes Feb 17th, 2008 07:55 AM

Amazon has the Toronto guide and shows and excerpt of it. One of my quotes is there as well as someone else's, but I won't say who - you'll have to check it out.

kodi Feb 17th, 2008 08:01 AM

Toed you are getting way too famous. You'll have to start wearing sun glasses and a big floppy hat when you are up here!

toedtoes Feb 17th, 2008 08:29 PM

Kodi - I promise no matter how famous I get, I will always call Canada my home! :-d

P.S. I took my niece and a friend out for the day (for my niece's birthday). I have warped and converted another young mind. We spent the day listening to the Canadian superstars, the Arrogant Worms. The friend has decided that she MUST go visit Canada. I am also officially a "cool aunt" because I let them listen to the Worms and never complained - in fact, I sang along with them.

kodi Feb 18th, 2008 04:27 AM

Yahoo Toed. YOu are way ahead of me. I haven't even heard of the Worms.
So when are all of you coming?