Lodging with teenager in Banff & Jasper

Old May 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodging with teenager in Banff & Jasper

Have read of wonderful lodging for my husband and self...but need to consider a 15 year old who must have a TV, or she'll drive us crazy. Was considering Cathedral Mountain Lodge and Becker's Chalets. Planning to split 10 days between Banff area and Jasper. Help!
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:53 AM

Here is one possibility for you in Jasper: Crayston's Home Accommodation. It is listed on www.stayinginjasper.com under "Member Listings," Jasper Townsite North. They are located on 108 Connought Drive and their phone # is 780/852-4797. Their email address is [email protected] For $105 CDN (less if you're bringing only 1 child), we got a studio apartment with queen bed, 2 twins placed end to end (beds all in one private end of large space), a fully-equipped kitchen with range, microwave, toaster, dinette, etc., a private bath, and a sitting area with satellite TV. The apartment, which had private access, was immaculate and every imaginable amenity was provided. It is located on the main street, Connought Drive, only a couple of short clocks away from a grocery store and the shopping district. FYI: they and most other "home accommodations" in Jasper provide coffee only -- no breakfast. But with a full kitchen, you should have no problem preparing your own.
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:33 PM

Cathedral Mountain Lodge has no TV.

TV is not so common for Lodges in Jasper & Banff. They set more on nature.

Therefore I recommend a motel or hotel.
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:18 AM
ltt

check out douglas fur resort in banff. you can get two room chalets then she can have her own space. there is also a waterslide at the hotel which is fun.
in jasper, do a search for b&b. my sisters family uses them often and most have a separate room for the kids with a tv.
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:50 AM

We enjoyed the Paradise Lodge in Lake Louise - stayed in one of the Lodge Suites, which had a separate bedroom and pull-out sofa in the living room, with Cable TV. I actually slept on the pull-out sofa at least once, because I pulled it out to fall asleep watching tv...and it was perfectly comfortable. Plus you have a small kitchen, which was also convenient.