Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

limousine service from Vancouver to downtown Seattle

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

We are flying to Vancouver first before heading to Seattle. Since we aren't driving into the states from Canada would it be very expensive to have a limo service of some kind drive us instead of the bus which is the only way in the daytime to go. Trains are in the evening hours. Thanks for the input.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 09:46 AM

Yes - it would be very expensive. I don't understand why you don't just get a connecting flight to Seattle. If you'ld done it on your original ticket it would have been a negligable extra cost but it's probably too late to redo your ticket now. But even with two full fare tickets to Seattle it would be cheaper than a one way limo.

On the other hand if you're a party of maybe 5 or 6 people it might well be cheaper to hire a limo than to purchase 5 or 6 airfares from YVR to SEA.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:45 AM

One other possibility, I guess - very time-consuming but you might enjoy it - would be to get the ferry to Victoria and then another ferry from there to Seattle.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 02:08 PM

I think the problem here is that probably very few of us have had occasion to make such a trip. It actually sounds like a smart alternative to the bus, assuming it's not prohibitively expensive.

Obviously the bus fare doesn't make a good point of comparison. I would cost out the one-way airfare from YVR-SEA, and add in the cost of transport to and from the airports. Contact a couple of limo companies in Vancouver (I'm sure you can get some names from a Google search, and for sure from a BC tourism web site) to get some price quotes, and figure out just how much more it would cost you than flying. It would certainly be a lot nicer to be taken door to door rather than hopping the bus, and far more convenient than getting yourselves and your luggage from downtown Vancouver to YVR, then from SEA to downtown Seattle.

Good luck.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 02:30 AM

I doubt a limo service could give you a firm quote (well, I guess they could if they made it truly exorbitant).

There is no telling what amount of traffic you will run into at the border or as you come into downtown Seattle. Actually the Seattle traffic starts maybe 30 miles back, and on the trips I have taken it seems practically like rush hour all the time. You could have a 15-minute wait at the border or a 2-hour wait, etc.

Plus, there would be licensing and insurance issues involved for cross-border transport. I'm not sure any limo service has set this up for themselves.

This service is really not that bad at all:
http://www.quickcoach.com/

(Probably someone will come along in a moment and disprove my contention that there is no licensed cross-border limo service.)
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 02:32 AM

I'll do better - I'll prove myself wrong. A couple of random Google links:

http://www.malroblimousine.com/vanco...portation.html

http://www.aaaabsoluteclasslimousine...e_seattle.html