Notices

Layover In Toronto

May 3rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Layover In Toronto

On our way to Venice from Denver, DH and I have a 6 hour layover in Toronto at the end of May. 3:05 pm to 9:05 pm. Any thoughts on a good way to kill the time? Is it unwise to leave the airport and find something to do nearby? We will have carry on sized roller bags with us, so getting around could be cumbersome and most airports don't offer luggage storage anymore. What to do??
May 4th, 2015, 01:38 PM

The Toronto airport area is a pretty desolate one, IMHO. Not much to see other than chain hotels. And you won't have much time really because you will have to disembark and go through immigration and customs to leave the terminal, and then back through security on your return with enough time to get to your gate before boarding. Perhaps your best bet is to research restaurants in nearby hotels, and make a reservation and take a cab or shuttle to one that appeals to you. I've spent more hours than I care to count waiting around the Toronto airport and never had a meal I would recommend, but there are some bookshops and free WiFi, so unless you are dying for a breath of fresh air it is tolerable.
May 5th, 2015, 06:40 AM

It is unwise to leave the airport... You will spend two to three hours and over $100 just to get to the city and back... Bring a book, watch a movie, grab a bite at the airport....
May 5th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but you should know that the Air Canada service from Toronto to Venice is actually on Air Canada Rouge, their new budget offering. Don't expect the same degree of seat room or amenities as on a regular Air Canada flight. You can find out more about Rouge on the AC Rouge website, but read it carefully: http://flyrouge.com

I travel frequently on Air Canada both domestically and internationally and I am a big fan of the airline, which I think is head and shoulders above the various US carriers I have used over the years. However Rouge is a different offering. There are, of course, advantages: the price is usually very good, and there is much to be said about a direct, non-stop flight without having to transfer in one of AC's European hubs such as Frankfurt. Also for additional cost, Rouge now has a Business Class equivalent (Premium) and enhance economy (Rouge Plus) for more legroom.

Search this Thread