Notices

Laurentians Best Bet?

Oct 23rd, 2000, 08:12 AM
Anna Portoraro

Laurentians Best Bet?

My husband and I, along with our children aged 5 and 6 would like to spend about 6 days around Christmastime in the Laurentians. We are looking for something not too large, rustic but comfortable, and with a good restaurant featuring regional cuisine. We'll ski, but only once or twice; we are more keen on trying dogsledding, tobogganing, and exploring the countryside. Suggestions anyone?

Oct 25th, 2000, 02:33 PM
eric

Obviously, the top destination would be Mt. Tremblant but alternatively we like the town of St. Saveur, about halfway between Montreal and Mt. Tremblant. I'm not sure about where to stay because we always stay at our own place that we have there but I do know there is a tourist information office in the city that can give you information and likely mail out some brochures as well. Ask for their general information booklet on the laurentians - it's packed with all the detailed information you'll need for the activities you described.

Oct 25th, 2000, 07:54 PM
lisa

We had a lovely time this summer at the Far Hills Inn in (I think) Val David.
It is small but has a lovely restaurant, and a very helpful staff. If you do a search there is a travel article written about by an LA Times writer. Good luck.

Search this Thread