Which way to Osoyoos???

Search

Which way to Osoyoos???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which way to Osoyoos???

Travelling from Vancouver to Osoyoos in a few weeks - would it be better to take Highway 3 through Manning Park? Or, should we take the Coquihalla via Kelowna and down to Osoyoos that way? Any ideas??

Thanks!
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 04:38 AM

Ossoyoos is the home of Crotalus Horridus. This is the latin name for the local rattlesnake.

Ossoyoos is a pretty town. The sight of the city and the lake on the eastern approach by the Southern Transprovincial Highway is awesome.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 06:06 AM

We like the drive down Hwy 3 through Manning Park. We're always on a tight schedule so we don't stop but I understand that the Park has some wonderful short hikes.

I've never gone via Kelowna but the common wisdom in my neighbourhood is that it's a longer route.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM

The best way (and only way as far as I am concerned) is Hwy 3. The park is beautiful and the drive so much more scenic. When you leave Keomeous (the highway splits there 3A goes on to Penticton and 3 directly to Osoyoos, the scenery is different again - rolling hills etc. The Coquihalla takes you a way out of your way - it is only quicker if you are going to Kelowna. You will be in the area for the grape harvest so you must do a winery tour while you are there. We have a place in Oliver just a few miles north of Osoyoos and October is my favourite month there. Have a great time.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips! we were leaning towards hwy 3, so i think thats what we'll stick with