Kelowna to Victoria or Seattle

Aug 6th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Kelowna to Victoria or Seattle

Sorry about the previous post - wrong city.

How long to drive from Kelowna to Victoria? Also from Kelowna to Seattle?
Any must do's in Kelowna?
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:41 PM

I am bad with times but I would expect it to take about five hours from Kelowna to the ferry terminal (some can probably do it in four but for me, I would allow six!) and then there would be the time it takes to wait in the ferry lineup, take the hour-and-half ferry trip, plus the half-hour drive into Victoria.
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks April - sounds like it is probably a full day with interesting stops along the way.
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:14 PM

Also, it depends on whether you take the Coquihalla route or go through Manning Park. The Manning Park route took me longer - about 5 1/2 hours, I think.
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM

It always takes us 2 hrs 45 min to get from Kelowna - Chilliwack, BC with no stops. From there it is 3 hours to Seattle if you cross at Sumas or about 2 hours to the Ferry terminal.
In Kelowna some must do's.
Walk the boardwalk on the waterfront. If you are here on a weekend in the summer there may be a free concert in either City/Kerry or Waterfront parks.
Have lunch or dinner on the patio at the Wild Apple Grill at Manteo Resort.
Check out a winery. Summerhill, Mission Hill or Gray Monk (in Winfield) are my faves. Go to the beach. Catch a play at the Rotary center for the Arts, or the Actors Studio. Golf. If at all possible try not to have to cross the bridge on a friday afternoon. You will just sit in traffic.
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Sounds as though Seattle is the same time driving as Victoria. Thanks for the suggestions in Kelowna! I am familiar with Mission Hill wines and would love to do a tour of their estate! We are leaving August 27th and returning on/about Sept 5th depending on schedules.