Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Inn on the Park Hotel- Toronto, need opinions please

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Shelley

Hi! Thank you everyone for your input on hotels. I posted the above question about hotels in Toronto. I will definitely look into those suggestions. Another hotel I did come across was the Inn on the Park- Holiday Inn- Don Valley. On the website it looked really nice. But according to the last post, somone mentioned it was horrendous. Any opinions of this place please. Thanks!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:46 PM
antoniette

Shelley: The Inn on the Park, is in suburbs. I have not seen it recently, and I do not know what they are charging nightly, but I think you can get a pretty good hotel downtown. Places like the Novotel, Delta Chelsea may not be that expensive, and I think you would enjoy between downtown more.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Bonnie

The Inn on the Park was the second Four Seasons hotel ever built. Several years ago F.S. sold it to two different owners, The Holiday Inn got the older, more motel like part and a different co. got the newer "Tower". It is a sprawling complex that is convenient to the Science Centre and that's about it. Has an indoor pool and an outdoor one as well. Parking is free which can save you a few dollars. Are you coming with a family? What is your price range and what will you be doing in T.O.? Have you checked out toronto.com?

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Bonnie

The Inn on the Park was the second Four Seasons hotel ever built. Several years ago F.S. sold it to two different owners, The Holiday Inn got the older, more motel like part and a different co. got the newer "Tower". It is a sprawling complex that is convenient to the Science Centre and that's about it. Has an indoor pool and an outdoor one as well. Parking is free which can save you a few dollars. Are you coming with a family? What is your price range and what will you be doing in T.O.? Have you checked out toronto.com?

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 04:59 PM
shelley

Hi! There will be no children travelling with us. We are going to Toronto for a family members wedding. Our price range is from $100-170.00 cdn. The wedding will be around the Don Valley area. We did get a quote of $109.00 senior rate for the Holiday Inn- Don Valley. Besides the wedding, we may go to Niagara Falls, go downtown for the day. Thank you everyone for your help, it is appreciated.