Reload this Page >

Biking in Quebec

Search

Biking in Quebec

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Sandra

Biking in Quebec

Help - <BR>I plan on visiting Quebec City this July and I'm interested in biking - maybe from Inn to Inn or perhaps just day trips. I received a wonderful biking map of the area from the tourist board but unfortunately it's in French. I can see a number of biking trails on it but also that one of them will be completed in 2002. Any first hand info on whats completed would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Can anyone suggest an itinerary using the trails or quiet roads that would be perhaps 30-40 miles between destinations? I am also considering the Ile of Orleans as a route but would really like to try the bike trails. <BR> <BR>Thanks so much for any help you can give me. <BR>Sandra

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 11:16 AM
sandra

To the top - <BR> <BR>Anyone?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:58 PM
TorontoDweller

While I can't directly address your specific questions - I've never cycled in Quebec - I would emphatically recommend the Ile d'Orléans. I took a bus tour around the island which was one of the loveliest days of my life; I can only imagine how great it would be with the sun on your face and the wind in your hair! It is a place apart, picturesque and famous for its hospitality. I also imagine the distances between the little towns would be just about right for "cycling breaks". Try to read some folklore of the area before you go; in my opinion it will really enhance your experience. <BR> <BR>In case you don't get specific cycling advice here: maybe there are cycling web sites that might be of some assistance? Sorry I don't know more about that part of your question. <BR> <BR>Have a fantastic trip.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Mario Champagne

Bonjour Sandra, <BR> <BR>I do not know your bike capacities and number of days you are planning to stay, but may i suggest you bike on the south shore from Levis to Montmagny and then on the 132 east to Rivière du Loup.. On this coast you'll find Old manors, wonderful views, St-André de Kamouraska...and you may take the ferry to the north shore to St-Siméon and come back to Quebec, but you have to be in good shape for this part..many high percentage slope !!! and roads are not always quiet but incredible views again. <BR>If you come at end of July, then beware that you will ahve to struggle to get rooms to stay with a lot of Québécois that will be in vacation during the annual Construction vacations...If you give more details, time of stay and what you want to see , i may help .. I am a cyclist myself and I guess I have some maps and books that may help..It is up to you.. and Bienvenue au Québec..

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 04:17 PM
mario champagne

Sandra...look at www.routeverte.com/ang and you will find a lot of informations

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Sandra

Bonjour Toronto and Mario, <BR> <BR>Thank you both for your replies. Toronto - There is a possibility that we'll plan on touring the Ill de Orleans and your comments are appreciated. <BR> <BR>Mario - thank you so much for the web site. I had found it previously but it in French and I was baffled at how to get it in English. Thanks so much, there's so much good info there. <BR> <BR>Our trip be the first weekend in July -over your holiday and our 4th of July. I'll be with a group of about 14 and my assignment is to plan two nights lodging and biking. <BR> <BR>Thank you so much for the information. <BR>Sandra

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 08:22 AM
mario

Hello Sandra.. <BR> <BR>The Beaupré Coast is very nice until the cathedral of Ste-Anne de Beaupré..It is a quiet road with a lot of very old houses from the beginning of the french colonization..The cathedral is impressive..On the road you'll see the Montmorency Falls..You may write to me at my e-mail address if you need any helps , suggestions..

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:55 AM
michelle

are you on drugs?