Search

Cambridge Suites - toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:30 AM
RJR
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cambridge Suites - toronto

Our family is planning a visit to Toronto and have booked Cambridge Suites Hotel in downtown Toronto. I would be interested in any reviews - all I can find is the hotel web site.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:45 PM
BAK

I went into the lobby a few months ago just to look around. Seems like a fine place, good downtown location, and my understanding is you get more space for your money than it regular hotels.

BAK
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:57 PM

If you search this site using "cambridge" as a key word there are several positive reviews (although they're a bit dated).

I used to work across the street and we used the hotel alot for visiting execs and entertaining - I really liked it but my experience is 5 years old.

Another family friendly hotel is Delta Chelsea....
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 02:30 PM

It has been years since I stayed at the Cambridge but it was a great hotel, good location and I enjoy the idea that you have a suite - not just a bed in the room. If it is the same as all Cambridges, they usually upkeep the rooms, however, give some consideration the place is at least 15 years old.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 04:33 PM

We stayed at Cambridge Suites in December and were quite pleased with the room decor/size, amenities and service. We had a corner king with separate bedroom, two TVs, sofabed in living room, microwave, sink, frig etc. The bathroom was well lit with a large vanity area and toilet/tub in a separate room. Bathrobes were supplied, turndown service provided with bottled water, a bucket of ice and chocolates. Our room wasn't at all dated or tired, in fact the carpet, bedspread etc. looked almost new.

Breakfast wasn't spectacular, but included fruit, yoghurt, cereals, muffins etc. Fresh bowls of apples were on the hall tables in the morning as well. Can't comment on their restaurant as we didn't eat there -- breakfast is served in a conference room.

We thought it very good value for the price and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 04:08 PM
mma

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites two years ago when our boys were fifteen and eight. We would definitely stay there again! Clean rooms, ample space, good continental breakfast, convenient parking in garage underneath ($11 day at that time - they never charged us!), great convenient location, helpful front desk -- it had been recommended on this forum and we were very happy there. Can't wait to visit again. Let us know how you found it to be - for future reference. Have fun!