Search

W.H.O

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W.H.O

The World Health Organization has removed the travel advisory for Toronto which is very good news. For the visitor it means a level of assurance and tremendous deals as the tourism industry works to get people to come back and visit. I heard that you can for around $120 Canadian ($87 US) get a hotel,ticket to a baseball game , ticket to Mama Mia, hotel room and dinner
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM

I think this organization had a knee jerk reaction to the SARS problem in Toronto. I think they didn't do their homework and behaved irresponsibly, putting Toronto in a terrible economic position. And it would appear they are accountable to no one.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:23 PM

Our beloved government under that jerk Prime Minister cretin didn't do a very good job either.
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:49 AM
JMM

I can't believe I am saying this but for once I fully agree with Jack. All levels of government behaved disgracefully during the SARS crisis - especially the federal. Our PM could not bother to return from his vacation. His health minister stayed out in Alberta. The feds ignored Tony Clement's request (made a month ago) to step up airport screening. Provincially our premier also could not be bothered to shorten his vacation but at least the provincial health care minister took the trouble to be in Toronto and actively involved. Civically we have an idiot clown for a mayor who cannot tell the difference between the CDC and WHO and who has probably done more damage to the city's reputation with his ignorant wild eyed comments than even the WHO's advisory did. I really hope come election time Torontonians remember how VERY poorly we were served by our elected representatives.
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:50 AM

JackLanghorne: Add our beloved Provincial Gov (how long has the legislature been out) and our cartoon character Mayor Mel.
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:57 AM

Ok JMM. So I hope you will be voting for the Tories in the next election under Peter Mackay .
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:02 AM
JMM

Actually (teehee I am only saying this to annoy Jack) I am thinking of voting NDP.
And SandC - We have a provincial PREMIER not a governor.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:39 AM

Actually JMM, I think she meant provincial government not governor. Please don't vote for Layton. He is a hippie who used to be addicted to drugs, and probably still is.
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:27 AM
JMM

Did not think of that Jack - my apologies to SandC.
Re: Layton - awww Jack but I love his mustache and I am addicted (to gourmet jelly beans).
Old May 1st, 2003, 12:08 PM

Yes, but can Canada do anymore to piss off our American allies? If the NDP ever elects a government (GOD FORBID) I am becoming a US citizen.