Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > House hunting in/around King City, Ontario
Notices

House hunting in/around King City, Ontario

Dec 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

House hunting in/around King City, Ontario

I'm not sure I can ask this here but we're from the USA. This summer we moved to and are working in Toronto. Looking for a house in the King City area. Any advice on how to find a single family rural home that doesn't start at over a half-million dollars? So expensive here!!
Jan 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Anyone have any suggestions of where to live within commuting distance to north Toronto? Looks like homes in the Toronto area are very expensive. We're hoping to find something from $300,000 - $400,000. Doesn't have to be King City. Prefer small communities....
Jan 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM

You should consider contacting one of the major real estate companies such as Royal LePage, Remax, Century 21

You can also go to www.realtor.ca to begin your search. Type in your price range and you will see what is available.
For $400,000 you shd be able to find an attached townhouse in places like Vaughan, Maple, Richmond Hill.

If you are not averse to a daily commute to North Toronto where you work, you could consider places like Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph where GO train service to Toronto has started recently.
Jan 4th, 2012, 01:29 PM

You can try Oak Ridges which is the northern part of Richmond Hill and borders KC to the south and slightly East, and also Aurora which borders KC to the north; then also try Newmarket which is the next town above Aurora, and East Gwillimbury and Sharon and Mount Albert which are above and slightly East of Newmarket. All these towns are small and very close to each other and are very commuter friendly to Toronto (highways and trains). You will find nice homes in them within your price range. I live there myself.

Search this Thread