Hotels near African Lion Safari

Jul 16th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Hotels near African Lion Safari

Any suggestions as to a good hotel/motel near the African Lion Safari, north of Hamilton? Will have a couple of kids, 4 and 2---thanks Pete
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:42 AM

Go to their website at www.lionsafari.com. They have a link to a hotel package deal they have with area hotels. My kids love hotel pools, so perhaps one of the major hotel chains might work well.

We went a few years ago and enjoyed it. Note: The monkeys are rather agressive. They jump up on your car as you drive through their very large compound. They have been known to strip the rubber off the wipers and scratch the paint. We had no problems, but the car ahead of us was inundated with them which caused the small kids in the car to freak out. We could hear their screams -ha! So, do not even think about tossing them any food or even look like you might. It's like tossing bread to one seagull at the beach - you end up with dozens flocking in. Let other fools do that(which they will in spite of the warnings to the contrary) and hopefully you'll only get one or two jump up on your car. Have fun!
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:06 AM

I haven't been there myself (silly, because I'd like to go, I live nearby, and I have grandkids who would be willing to come along) but I've been advised that you really shouldn't drive your own vehicle through the park. The monkeys can be very aggressive and can damage your car. There is a bus that travels through the grounds (air-conditioned and quite comfortable) - you can leave your car in the parking lot.

Search this Thread