Reload this Page >

Hotel Ideas and Attractions w/2 Children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Michelle

My husband and I and our two children, ages 6 and 7, will be in Vancouver (coming from Seattle for 4 days and GNP for 4 days prior) July 1-5. Currently, we are booked at the Hotel Vancouver. My question (we are paying C$237)are there any other hotels better located. Due to the kids, our major criteria is an indoor pool for the hotel. I read about the Westin Bayshore and it sounds wonderful. Great amenities for children and good location. Is it?<BR><BR>As for activities, we were considering going to Victoria for a day. Is it worth it based on our timeframe? Or is Whistler a better day trip considering the kids? What suggestions do you have on activities we must see. I am a gardner, but having read previous messages, I could miss Victoria and still see beautiful gardens in Vancouver. What else does Victoria offer? We are not big shoppers, but love scenery, art and science museums, aquariums, and zoos. We like to sightsee via foot, car or boat tour. Thank you! <BR><BR>

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:18 AM
soupie

<BR>We got the Pacific Palisades Hotel on Robson St. (THE street!)for $139 CND on priceline, and from what I have read here, it is a great deal for a wonderful hotel. <BR><BR>Check it out.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Andrea

I would also be interested in this information. We are planning a four day stay in Vancouver at then end of August, a family of four with two teenagers,and wondering what sights to see, and which hotel would be best for us. We are considering the PAcific Palisades, Hotel Vancouver, or the Delta Vancouver Suites. Any advice and information would be most appreciated.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Tess

Nothing replaces a trip to Buchart gardens. Nothing.<BR><BR>So goto victoria for the day.<BR><BR>The kids will like the ferry ride, will like Buchart gardens and perhaps a stop in the butterfly garden on the way to buchart, but this might scare them, heck it scared me and im 29! <BR><BR>Also, walk the sea wall in victoria with the children... if you go a week night have dinner at pagliachis as their is live music after 8...<BR><BR>

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Teacher

Tess: Did you skip grammar in school?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Opl.....ease!

Bug off, Ms. Cratchet!

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Carol

Try what a deal -- actually a "Whale of a Time"! special being run by the Fairmont Waterfront. Family pkg. 2 nights in Waterfront Suite w/ tickets to aquarium for 409CN for 2 (yes TWO) nights. Try either the Fairmont Waterfront's site or if booked w/ them, try the tourismvancouver.com site b/c they are running the same deal at the Fairmont and have a little more availability.