Reload this Page >

Hotel Dominion 1912 in Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Tina

After reading many great posts on this forum regarding this hotel in Quebec we made a reservation for one weekend in September. Thank you for your posts. <BR><BR>Now I hope you could tell me what room did you stayed in. We decided on a queen-bed with a glass shower. Are they large enough to feel comfortable? We asked for a room with a river view but they told us they cannot gurantee anything. Did you have a nice view? Did you asked for it or it just happened?<BR><BR>What did you like the most about this hotel?<BR><BR>Also because this is going to be my husband's birthday I would like to find the best possible restaurant. Which one should be considered?<BR>Thanks for your answers

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:06 AM
Tina

Please, help

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:53 AM
elaine

Tina,<BR>My husband and me have stayed at Hotel Dominion twice. In '00 we had a room on the 8th flr., with a city view (very romantic at twilight - had city view for both stays) and for both stays we had a queen room w/shower. The queen room is wonderful and very roomy. When making our reservations, I had my choice of room noted on my confirmation. <BR>Aug. '01, we stayed on the 7th fl. in an identical room and were very pleased.<BR>I do know that there are 20 new rooms at Dominion which are available for occupency. These rooms were a recent addition. The river view is lovely during the day; in the evening it is pitch black. While the concierge cannot guarantee a particular room request, at check-in mention your preference. Should your room not be to your liking, you may want to wait a little longer as other rooms become available. All the rooms at this hotel are terrific. We enjoy this hotel for the ambiance, the layout of the guest rooms, the wonderful staff, the expansive continental breakfast and the location. Claude or Francine (both are Concierge) can direct you to good restaurants. I'll try to locate my post re: restuarants and attempt to bring it to the top of this forum. I do hope you enjoy your stay and that your husband has a very happy birthday!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:23 PM
Tina

Thank you Elaine. I found it. Ouebec, hotel, dining experiences sound great sounds great

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:45 PM
joy

We have stayed at the Dominion 1912 twice and were very pleased too. La St. Amour or Laurie Raphael's is great for a special occasion dinner! He is like the Emeril Lagasee of Quebec. For a more casual/local but still very nice place try Graffeti (?) not sure of the spelling but the conceirge will direct you -- it's one of our favorites. Enjoy!