Reload this Page >

Hotel Advice ASAP for Vancouver, Victoria & Whistler

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:34 AM
JoAnne

As I didn't know it would be peak season in August, I'm having to locate hotels quickly. I'm looking for hotels at or under about $100 (USD) per night in Victoria (3 nites), Whistler (2 nites) and Vancouver (2 nites) all located near center of town and good location. I don't need anything fancy, just clean, safe area and a place to rest. Any and all help would be more than appreciated. You can e-mail me with advice as well. Thanks!!!

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Norma

Joanne - <BR> <BR>The last time I was in Vancouver was 3 or four years ago. I stayed at Kingston Hotel which was centrally located in the downtown area and about 3-4 blocks from Gastown (the old part of town with many restaurants, bars and clubs). It's not fancy but the price is right. It's very much like European hotels -- some rooms have bathrooms but others don't. I reserved one with and even then it was much less expensive than the other hotels in the area. There's no elevator and I'm not sure if there's air conditioning. The URL is: <BR>&lt;http://www.kingstonhotelvancouver.com/&gt; <BR> <BR>Another reasonably priced hotel is the Sylvia which in the Stanley Park/English Bay area. At least two people mentioned it to me as the place to stay when you're on a budget. It's a long walk from downtown but there's are buses that connect the two areas. <BR>&lt;http://www.sylviahotel.com/&gt; <BR> <BR>You might also want to look into the Lonsdale Quay Hotel which is on the North Shore. It's right next to a skytrain terminal as well as the seaboat which runs to Gastown. The seaboat is part of the public transportation system so it's the same price as taking the bus. I'm not certain what the prices are but it may fit within your budget. The URL is &lt;http://www.lonsdalequayhotel.bc.ca/&gt; <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:51 AM
cindy

Bear in mind that there is a public transit strike in Vancouver right now, and it doesn't show any signs of being over soon - I wouldn't want to stay somewhere where I'd be dependent on the buses to get me around town.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Shirley

Just responding to the previous email. I would not suggest staying in gastown. It's a neat place to visit but the surrounding area is pretty rough. Last time we went we parked a block or two away from gastown and we came across a few seedy characters.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 03:39 PM
April

In Victoria you could try the inexpensive yet seemingly well run Traveller's Inns some of which are downtown. They are at the other end of town from the main attactions though, but are within walking distance. <BR> <BR>Most places near the inner harbour will cost more but you could try the older establishments like the Crystal Court Motel, Helm's Inn and the Shamrock Motel. They sure aren't fancy but have a good location going for them. <BR> <BR>It might be worth calling other places like the Queen Victoria Inn, Embassy, Days Inn, Quality Inn, etc., to see what their rates are.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Dan

Try the Blue Horizon on Robson, in Van. and The Aspens on Blackcomb (aspensonblackcomb.com) in Whistler.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Derek

While on the road for the government,my wife stayed at the Days Inn and found it a good bargain. Her name is Amy and can be reached at [email protected] for questions.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Derek

That was the Victoria Days Inn.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:10 PM
joan

Just back from 2 nights in Vancouver, stayed at the Blue Horizon as recommended above, $115US per night. Huge rooms, immaculate, all corner rooms. We stayed on the "top half" of the hotel, rooms below the 14th floor are slightly less. Vancouver is very walkable, and if you must ride, there is a tourist trolley for $17 per person per day (bus strike). <BR>Have fun!