Hotel 0ne night in Toronto

Aug 20th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Original Poster

Hotel 0ne night in Toronto

Hi, myself, my girlfriend, along with my best friend and his girlfriend will be heading to Toronto for a Jimmy Buffett Concert at the Molson Ampitheatre this september. We will only be spending one night in Toronto. Can anyone recommend a hotel thats safe, close to or easy to get to the concert from, and is somewhat reasonably priced.
We would like to do a little sightseeing the day after the show but would have a limited amount of time so thats not a huge priority.

The parrothead club has a deal for out of towners with the Days Inn convention centre Hotel. How is this place? Some of the reviews were positive and negative.

Thanks for any help. I'm only been to Toronto once and that was just driving there and right back from Detroit.
Aug 21st, 2007, 05:41 AM
BAK

Are we assuming you'll drive to the concert and back?

Anyway, in the whole scheme of things, four people in a taxi, four peole in your car paying for parking, works out close enough to beign the same that it does not matter.

It would be about $11 each way for the four of you to take the streetcar, so that's not much of a saving.

The Days Hotel is run by some pretty smatrt people, looking for new business in Toronto. I'm on the edge of a toruism promotion with them, and think well of them.

If there's a Parrothead promotion, why not stay where you will be surrounded by people of similar disposition? Seems to make sense to me, as much as any Parrothead activity makes sense.

As for tourism... the next day you can just walk down Yonge Street for a while, and get a feel for the heart of the city which is, in Toronto's case, a pretty good place to be.

DAys Hotel is next door to the old Maple Leaf Gardens, right at a subway stop, close to bargain shopping at Winners for the ladies inyour group,

BAK
Aug 21st, 2007, 07:18 AM
LJ

And as a devoted Parrothead (you, not me!) you will need to know the best marguerita in town is reputed by Chowhounds to be served at Johnny Banana-Queen and Bathurst. Just don't ask me how I come to know this....
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the replys, feel alot better now about making reservations.

Search this Thread