horseback riding in Montreal area?

Aug 7th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

horseback riding in Montreal area?

Hi everyone! My family will be visiting Montreal later this week for a week. During that time, we'd like to see more of the province. We're interested in a day trip that would include a scenic drive as well as a couple hours on a trail ride. My sons are 15 and 11 and have some experience. We've heard Mont Tremblant is a nice area with stables,but are there any others you can recommend, within a 2 hour drive of Montreal? If you could provide details, that would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks so much
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:03 AM

This is from the Quebec tourist info site

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/anglais...quitation.html

Happy trails.
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:32 AM

I live in the St. Lazare Hudson area of Montreal, this is the closest equestrian area and a place where many people come fo a BB weekend with horse riding, Maybe you can start with www.hudsonstlazare.com
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Mont Tremblant is a bit far (two hours) just to go horseback riding. However, it's a very worthwhile destination, may want to consider spending a night there. St. Lazare is only about 40 minutes from downtown, better choice if you just want to go riding.
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions! I've started checking them out already and we can't wait to leave home. Any additional ideas appreciated. Any musical instruments shops you can recommend in the downtown core? My older son plays bass and he's hoping to find some strings,etc that they don't carry here in the Niagara area. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel, but we'll trek all over. Thanks again!
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:53 PM

I don't think you'll have to trek all over to find strings. Directly across the street from the Crowne Plaza (almost) is the Faculty of Music of McGill. Personally, I don't know where to find strings, but I'm sure anyone in that building would know just where to direct you. Hudson/Ste Lazare, which are off the Trans-Canada in the direction of Ottawa, is the direction to head for riding. There are a couple of barns in the phone book which rent hacks by the hour . . .
Aug 8th, 2005, 05:34 PM

Steve's Music Store on rue St. Antoine in Old Montreal will have all you need for music. It's big and cool, rock stars on tour go there.

By the way, the Crowne Plaza is actually in the East End, not near McGill.