Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever stayed at Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge in Canmore???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering . . . . this place is very very inexpensive (compared to other places in Canmore), and so we are very curious - why the big difference in rates - what it is like to stay there?? (we have driven by numerous times when in Canmore, it looks OK on the outside, but have never seen the interior).
Is there anyone out there who has actually stayed at Rocky Mountain Ski Resort??

Thanks!
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

ttt
(trying again - no one here been to Canmore???)
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 02:13 PM

Been to Canmore. Stayed at Georgetown Inn, which we liked. Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge looks like a heck of a deal, though. If you stay there, please do let us know how you find it.
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Hi Judy,
(I'm in Edmonton - have you had snow over the past few days too? Forecast for the coming week is brutal - makes me want to hibernate ;-) !!)

We are going to stay at the Rocky Mountain Ski Resort in mid-February; the "comments page" attached to their website was very positive (no surprise there!!!), and many of the comments alluded to the cleanliness of the place, so we have decided to give it a chance. When we get back I will most definitely write my impressions (probably add it to this thread).
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 07:01 PM

>>>>>>have you had snow over the past few days too?<<<<<<

Yes, but fortunately it was the dry, light stuff that is more typical of winter. From a driveway shovelling point of view, I prefer winter snow to the wetter, heavier snow of spring -- even if the latter does melt sooner.

Anyway, Borealis, I'll look out for your review of Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge. Thanks.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Well, we just got back from a four day sanity break in the Rockies, all four days at the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit with a kitchen and gas fireplace - it was clean, cute, compact, & comfortable!!
The one bedroom unit is designed in a space saving and efficient way; the furnishings and "appliances" are basic but in very good shape. The "living room" has a fold-out futon. The bedroom has a queen sized bed. There is a table and three chairs (actually - really cute wooden chairs with a "Swiss" design - the owners are a Swiss family).
The bathroom is small but has both a bathtub and shower etc., all fully functional.
The lodge is located on "motel/hotel" row in Canmore (where 95% of the hotels and motels are), easy to find.
Beats me why it is so inexpensive!!!
We had previously stayed at the Windtower in Canmore, and it was not much bigger but way more expensive.

If anyone has any questions about this place I would be happy to answer them.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 09:51 PM

Glad you had a good time, Borealis. Thank you for the review. This one looks like a keeper.