Reload this Page >

Good food in Toronto Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 06:31 AM
Anne

Hi <BR> <BR>I have a 3 hour layover next week at Pearson Airport in Toronto around 6pm. Are there any good places to eat? Preferably NOT fast food. I'm flying Air Canada. <BR> <BR>Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:08 AM
elizabeth

Hi Anne - where are you flying from/to? The reason I ask is that you might be flying into Terminal 2 and leaving from Terminal 1, so you'd have to leave time for transfering terminals. The terminals are all being updated so I'm not quite sure what's there now, but I don't think it's going to be much better than fast. If you do have time there's a hotel adjacent to Terminal 3 (I think it's a Sheraton). We've eaten there before international flights and it's not bad - typical big hotel menu (decent clubhouse sandwich, etc). <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 06:22 AM
Anne

Thanks for your reply, Elizabeth. I'm flying in from Newark, continuing to Glasgow. Since my Glasgow flight doesn't depart till almost 10 -- I'm not sure what the meal situation will be on the plane. I'll certainly keep the hotel in mind. Thanks!

Old Jul 11th, 2000, 08:24 AM
elizabeth

I'm pretty sure you'll fly into Terminal 2 (North American arrivals/departures) and out from Terminal 1 (if you're Air Canada for both legs). <BR> <BR>The Air Canada Lounge in Terminal 1 (called the Maple Leaf Lounge) is brand new and supposedly very nice - perhaps you can go there if you're a member of one of Air Canada's partners? (sorry, can't help with that one - Air Canada has been going through so many changes I can't keep up with who their partners are/aren't) Try their website at www.aircanada.ca. <BR> <BR>One fast food option that's quite good is called "Swiss Chalet Chicken" - I think it's part of the "Harvey's" kiosks at the airport. It's delicious roasted chicken and quite a Canadian favourite. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful holiday.

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 02:29 PM
Paula

Hi, Anne! Go over to Terminal 3 via airport <BR>shuttle & take the escalator up to The Sheraton or, you may be able to have the driver drop you off @ the door (or, call <BR>Sheraton's 1-800 # & see if they have <BR>a Sheraton shuttle direct....I have taken it <BR>going from Sheraton to Terminal 2 so you <BR>must be able to do it return!). Sheraton has 2 restaurants: one very casual( that's where you'll find that clubhouse mentioned above. The spring rolls are also very good!) & relaxed which is where I usually go. The <BR>other one is a bit more formal. Why don't you just decide when you get there? I think you'll like it. <BR>Have a wonderful trip to Glasgow! (how about a trip report upon your return??) <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 12:57 PM
Anne

Thanks Paula for your information too! It makes me a little more confident knowing that there's somewhere nearby. <BR> <BR>I'm planning to have a great time in Glasgow!! And my son will be going to the British Open!! <BR> <BR>Anne