Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Getting from Pearson airport (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/getting-from-pearson-airport-318198/)

Mo May 18th, 2003 12:08 PM

Getting from Pearson airport

Can you please tell us the easiest and most reliable (as well, as well priced) way to get from the airport to downtown Toronto.
Thank you!

TravelMaster May 18th, 2003 06:22 PM

Hi Mo:

The easiest is via taxi - ~$45cnd for most downtown spots (the taxis to downtown are regulated & operate on a 'zone' basis with a fixed rate per zone) ...

There is also an Airport Express shuttle bus service to many downtown hotels through Pacific Western ($14.95 one way, $25.75 return ... details at www.torontoairportexpress.com/) ...

The taxi will take ~30 minutes & the shuttle bus will take ~40, depending on time of day ...

There are also a couple of public transit options (TTC & GoBus) with bus service between Terminal 2 & the subway stations that at much cheaper but take a lot longer & are difficult if you have luggage ...

BAK May 18th, 2003 08:12 PM

At the airport, limousines, which usually are regular length Lincoln Towncars, cost pretty much the same as taxis, which are usually less comfortable and smaller.

The price is the same, I believe, for two or three in a limo as it is for one, (same as in a taxi) so it can turn out to be cheaper than the Airport Express giant bus, or at least closer while being quicker and more comfortable.

And check whether the big bus goes to the hotel you want. Otherwise you may need a cab once you get downtown.

Tell us the hotel, and I'm sure someone here will check for you.

BAK

Mo May 19th, 2003 08:35 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. We will be staying at the Park Hyatt. Sorry I can't remember what street its on.

wow May 19th, 2003 02:28 PM

Ask Park Hyatt to reserve a limo for you.

wow May 19th, 2003 05:05 PM

It's $58.85

imacmnboy May 21st, 2003 12:10 PM

I just did this Saturday and it's SUPER easy. Take the Airport Rocket #192 at terminal two...I think it's a pillar 20? Anyway, it's like $2.25 and get a transfer. At Kipling Station transfer to the tube and take it downtown to St George stop and transfer to go south, we got off at Osgoode. Very cheap, very easy and saved my cash for Martinis and great food!

daisyblue May 22nd, 2003 11:38 AM

It depends on your version of easy! When I go to Toronto I always hop on a mini-bus. They are under $20 and take you into the city. When you land, go to the customer service desk and tell them your hotel's name. They'l let you know how close the nearest drop off is. If you've only got a bit of luggage, I woul dgo this route!

kma May 30th, 2003 07:59 AM

Can we use the Airport rocket if we are going to the Quality Hotel on Lombard.
Where and how do we transfer. Thanks so much.

torontopm May 30th, 2003 09:12 AM

Yes you can kma:

Once you get to Kipling Subway Station, obtain a transfer (you can get one at a machine as you will need it get on the streetcar)then get on the subway and get off at St. George Station. Transfer to another Train going Southbound to Osgoode(Queen St.)get off then get on a Streetcar going eastbound on Queen(ask Driver to let you off at Jarvis St) Once at Queen and Jarvis walk south on Jarvis 2 blocks till you get to Lombard where you Hotel is located.

kma May 30th, 2003 01:11 PM

Thanks for the directions. There will be three or four of us travelling together. Would it be cheaper to go ahead and get a taxi or limo downtown rather than try these other ways?
Thanks again.

torontopm May 30th, 2003 01:21 PM

Hi:

I my opinion I would take a taxi as Travel Master mention it is aproximately 45 dollars to get to downtown Toronto. The rates are fixed. So that would be around 10 dollars per person if you are 4.

The Toronto Transit is $2.25 per person. However, if you have lots of luggage it can be very cumbersome. Making all those transfers up and down the stairs of the subway. Plus it takes quite some time via public transit. I wouldn't do it unless you have a very restricted budget.