Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Frette Sheets? Where to buy in Montreal (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/frette-sheets-where-to-buy-in-montreal-267777/)

Ellen Oct 22nd, 2002 01:10 PM

Frette Sheets? Where to buy in Montreal

Going to Montreal next month. Would like to find Frette sheets to purchase and bring to a friend. Don't want to lug them from NYC. Any suggestions on where to shop for these in Montreal?

Bobbi Oct 22nd, 2002 02:11 PM

Are you really planning on spending $500-$700 on a set of sheets? Wow, can I invite to to my place as a houseguest :)<BR><BR>There's an outlet store at Woodbury Common, outside NY , you know. For the difference in price, you could probably pay to have them shipped (and pay the taxes)

Ellen Oct 22nd, 2002 02:26 PM

Thank you Bobbi. Yes, I have to spend that much. It is a long story. But it involves a parrot, a strawberry fruit smoothie, and a very large long distance phone bill. Anybody else have a linen store in Montreal that may carry this brand?

Bev Oct 22nd, 2002 06:26 PM

Order them from bluefly.com....they're on Sale in US Dollars. The Ritz sells them in Montreal..check out their Website.

kate Oct 22nd, 2002 06:40 PM

What about Holt Renfrew?

Lois Oct 23rd, 2002 04:54 AM

Interesting that Canadians always try to buy their linens south of the U.S. border, bcs prices are so much better, and are happy to lug them back to Canada. If you insist on buying sheets in Montreal, The Linen Chest, in Place de la Cathedrale, right downtown off Ste. Catherine St., is the prime store for linens. You could try phoning them in advance; there would be a tiny market in Montreal for such upscale linens, and they might not even carry them. Personally, I'd schlep them from NY or choose another present.

John Oct 23rd, 2002 06:12 AM

Ellen, I'll bite. Doesn't anyone have at least a little curiosity with the yet untold story involving the parrot, strawberry fruit smoothie & large long distance phone bill? Please do tell!! This forum , by the way just gets more interesting with each new post.

Ellen Oct 23rd, 2002 07:38 AM

Sigh. I have a very active & curious parrot. A friend, who has since moved to Montreal was babysitting her while my home was being painted. One morning, she whipped herself up a fruit smoothie for breakfast, & left the room to make a quick call. She did not realize that all things pink appeal to my flapping fowl. The little charmer lunged onto the drink & dumped it all over the bed. Then she proceeded to skate around in it & make spin art. Combined that with long toe nails, & a perfectly good set of Frette sheets are destroyed. My friend heard the elated chirping & knew something was up. She hung up her phone, or so she thought she did, & went to clean up the mess. But, she did not hang the phone up all the way & was hooked up to New Zealand for 88 minutes.

prefer Oct 23rd, 2002 08:43 AM

Is the parrot still alive? :O)<BR>

kodi Oct 23rd, 2002 03:09 PM

Ellen,<BR>Thanks for sharing your story. I can totally relate to it!! I can just picture the bird having a great time.<BR>I have a friend whose mother in law was visiting. Her husband (fortunately not her), threw his mother's mink coat on the bed. The dog attacked and and really made sure it was quite dead! The mink coat was totally shredded to bits. And the bits were flung all over the wall and floor. Yes the dog survived the day!

Ellen Oct 24th, 2002 07:43 AM

Yikes! Fur everywhere. Funny, but not for the owner of the coat. Yes, the bird is still alive and kicking. She will be 16 in November. We have nicknamed her El Destructo. It is like having a 2 year old for 16 years. Gets into everything. <BR><BR>We are still going to try to get the sheets in Montreal since we only want to take carry-ons for our short visit.<BR>Thanks everyone!

JenniferX Oct 24th, 2002 08:13 AM

<BR>Thank you for telling the funniest story I have heard in a long time. I laughed right outloud.<BR><BR>I knew there was a reason I never got a bird.<BR><BR>I am still laughing LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Ellen Oct 24th, 2002 11:35 AM

JenniferX, I will then tell you another story. You MUST get a bird. Hours of entertainment. One time I had ordered in Chinese and had a huge container of Lo Mein. I dumped it into a salad bowl to put on the kitchen counter. Bird, of course, is in the kitchen on a towel rack watching all the goings on. I forgot she was there and has a noodle obsession. ANY kind of noodle. Went into the dining room to put drinks on the table. Came back into the kitchen to find the pile of noodles moving. Up pops a head draped in Lo Mein. A happy peep peep. And down dives the head back into the food again. It took hours to clean the sauce off of her and out from under her nails. She smelled like Chinese take out for weeks. By the way, she can pick a spare rib clean down to the bone.

kodi Oct 24th, 2002 12:47 PM

Ellen,<BR>I loved the noodle story. My bird also loves noodles. He's 20 and it's his favourite food. But he has never buried himself in them...<BR><BR>Hope you find the sheets..<BR>

Faina Oct 24th, 2002 01:20 PM

Ellen, 2 hours after reading your stories I've finally stopped laughing. YOU MUST WRITE A BOOK!

Ellen Oct 24th, 2002 01:32 PM

Kodi, I don't think she meant to actually bathe in the lo mein. I think she just tried to step on it and ended up sinking since the noodles were all squishy from the sauce. The more she tried to scramble out, the deeper she got. Once her feet hit the bottom of the bowl, (about 3 & 1/2 inches worth of lo mein), I think she just relaxed and started eating. As for writing a book, I don't know. I think most parrots are like this. Not so unusual. Am I wrong?

icithecat Oct 25th, 2002 08:28 PM

Will you direct me to this parrot? I will solve your problems and perhaps deposit a little present as a reward.