Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   four seaons in Vancouver? (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/four-seaons-in-vancouver-245146/)

Carrie Aug 1st, 2002 10:39 AM

four seaons in Vancouver?

Hi all, my fiance' and I will be travelling to Vancouver for our honeymoon in October. I am thinking about booking the Four Seasons but would like your opinion of the hotel, and if it is located close to the hot spots including restaurants, bars, shopping, and the hockey arena. Thanks so much in advance!

Robyn Aug 1st, 2002 04:59 PM

It's located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, physically attached to the Pacific Center shopping mall, located a block away from Robson Street, another major shopping area. There are thousands of restaurants all over downtown Vancouver - you'll be within walking distance to them all. GM Place, Vancouver's hockey arena, is located a 15 minute walk east of the Four Seasons.<BR><BR>I live here so I've never had a reason to stay at the Four Seasons, but it's one of the city's top hotels.

kim Aug 2nd, 2002 05:13 PM

Carrie,<BR><BR>My hubby and I stayed there for our honeymoon 2 years ago and loved it! The location was supberb and the service, IMO, at the Four Seasons goes unmatched. Be sure to tell them it is your honeymoon when you book. They will give you extra special treatment.<BR><BR>And while you are in Vancouver, don't miss dining at Lumiere. We still talk about that meal.<BR><BR>Kim

Barbara Aug 4th, 2002 01:43 PM

Seem to be answering a few of these today. Just returned from Toronto yesterday. I'm one of those "dreaded" travel agents so I went to look at a number of hotels after being unable to make the hotel decision myself. I love Four Seasosn and stay in them frequently (just stayed in Maui last month..it was fabulous) but stayed at the Windsor Arms due to some less than thrilling posts about 4S. Loved the Windsor Arms. Had some celeb sightings there, loved the pools, great service and the bathrooms were fantastic. Had a very nice employee of the Four Seasosn show us just about every room type in that hotel and they didn't compare. The baths are all very tiny (circa 1970's)and the rooms OK. I'd definitly stay at the Windsor Arms again. I also understand a new boutique hotel will be opening in the fall..Hotel Le Germain. Feel free to as questions. I'll check website again.

Robyn Aug 4th, 2002 01:53 PM

Barbara, are you talking about the Four Seasons in Vancouver though?

Barbara Aug 4th, 2002 02:34 PM

Wow..must be the jet lag!!! No, but I have stayed at the 4 Seasons in Vancouver and it's the only other 4 Seasosn that I don't think lives up to the chain. I like the Metropolitan across the street but might choose the Pan Pacific overlooking the water for a honeymoon. There's also the new Opus in Yaletown that looks like fun. Everything is pretty accessible in Vancouver although I've always enjoyed having a car there. Try Villa del Lupo for a romantic and very good dinner one night! So sorry I answered the wrong question!