Returned in July from a 2 week trip for our honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies- we had a fantastic time.
We're now planning a return trip but with an extra part. We like the look of Newfoundland but also have great memories of the Banff area and definitely want to return there.
An initial idea would be to fly out from the UK to Newfoundland, spend a few days there before catching an internal flight to Calgary to drive to Banff for the remainder of our trip.
Where would be the main destination in Newfoundland? How about St. John's? How feasible (including cost) is it to fly internally from Newfoundland to Calgary?
I've heard that Newfoundland is a good spot for viewing the Aurora Borealis and also moose, which we didn't manage to see in the Rockies? Is there a particular time of year when it's best to go to see these?
Any suggestions? Sorry for the vague questions, but we're just coollecting early ideas at the moment!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/miracle-bust/
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise accommodation and must do's.
- 3 East Cost Road trip from Toronto to NB, PEI, NS in 9 days
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in 7 Days
- 5 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 6 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 7 Montreal for new Years
- 8 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 9 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 10 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 11 Toronto - here we come!
- 12 Christmas in Quebec City
- 13 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 14 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 15 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 16 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 17 Montreal for New Years
- 18 Babymoon Destination
- 19 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 20 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 21 My Family Travle Vlog
- 22 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 25 Quebec City Cozy Pubs