Fine Dining with a View of Niagara Falls

Aug 21st, 1998, 03:37 AM
Donna

Fine Dining with a View of Niagara Falls

My husband and I are going to Niaraga Falls 9/30-10/3. We'd like to have a nice dinner one night with a view of the falls. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Aug 25th, 1998, 11:38 AM
barb

There are a few choices for dining. The Skylon Tower has a spectacular view of the Falls. The dining room revolves so you get to see all angles. A reservation is suggested (905) 356-2651. There is also the Minolta Tower (1-800-461-2492. You can also do Table Rock for lunch. The dining room is located down the Park and sits over the edge of the rail overlooking the falls. You probably won't need a reservation there as I'm sure you will spend alot of time down the Park - it's absolutely beautiful. Enjoy you trip and welcome to Niagara Falls. P.S. Change your american funds at the bank or confirm the rate prior to exchanging at smaller establishments.

Aug 29th, 1998, 02:13 AM
Donna

Thank you so much for all your recommendations!

Aug 30th, 1998, 06:27 AM
Owen O'Neill

Regarding money exchange at Niagara Falls Border crossing: Do NOT exchange $$ at the Duty-Free Store - they'll pocket 5%. Drive a few hundred yards further, staying in the left lane. Park by the Customs office - Royal Bank has an exchange booth open 7 days 9AM - 7PM that pays official rate. Also (although it's not posted), they will sell you a token for the bridge toll, eliminating the need to have exact change. The bonus is that if lines for toll booth are long, when leaving the parking at the money exchange you jump back into line near the front!

Aug 30th, 1998, 08:26 AM
Donna

Owen, thanks so much for the tips! Actually, we have $75 Canadian left over from our last trip to Montreal (my husband forgot to apply it toward the hotel bill). We never exchange money in Canada, but simply withdraw Canadian funds from an ATM.

Aug 30th, 1998, 05:46 PM
s.fowler

Fine dining and Niagara Falls don't belong in the same sentence. If you truly enjoy interesting cuisine you are in the wrong place. Just accept that you are there for the view The suggestions so far are the best of a mediocre lot. We also had a pleasant, if undistinguished, dinner in the Skyline Foxhead's dining room on a top floor. Be sure you get near the window though.
Having maligned NF food let me say that NF is one of my favorite places... The *power* and beauty of the falls is pretty overwhelming.

Search this Thread