Search

Clothing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 01:57 AM
Otto Antwort

Clothing

I am going on a tour to Toronto second week in April. <BR> <BR>How to dress? How far has spring came by that time? Will we be needing winter-clothes or will an ordinary jacket/spring coat and a sweater be enough? <BR> <BR>O Antwort, Sweden <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR>

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 10:30 AM
Bob Brown

Spring will be in its very early stages in the area north of Columbus, Ohio in mid April. Because April is a variable month, you could even get snow in Toronto. The northern shore of the Great Lakes is a cold belt. So you might want to compare Toronto with Stockholm at the same time of year. But North American weather in April is most unpredictable. <BR>Toronto is not far from Ottawa, which is listed in some publications as the coldest national capital city. (I once got into a heated argument when I said that Ulan Baator in Mongolia was colder, but my adversary had never heard of Mongolia, much less Ulan Baator.) <BR>Yesterday, Toronto and Stockholm had about the same temperatures. Toronto was 8 and -3 C with snow showers.

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 10:31 AM
Brian Kilgore

Spring clothing will be fine. Toronto's weather in the spring is very similar to Paris, if that is any help. But then again, there was a little snow this morning. At 2:30 in the afternoon, it is about 3 degrees, and rainy. Two weeks from now will be probably about 10-12 in the afternoon, 3-5 at night. <BR> <BR>BAK <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 01:45 PM
elizabeth

I have one word for you - LAYERS! Bring long sleeved shirts and sweaters and a medium weight jacket and you'll be fine - no doubt one day you'll wear them all. <BR> <BR>Hope you enjoy Toronto.

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 03:39 PM
Donna

Agree - Layers! Be sure to bring a very warm jacket/coat and perhaps gloves and a hat (although you can always go shopping if necessary). It probably won't snow and you probably won't need your bathing suit, but the weather could be anything in between. Your best bet is to check the USA Today or CNN website for the 5 day forecast just ahead of your departure.