Early July Weather in Toronto?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I like to get away from the heat and humidity of the plains states in the summer. We had a wonderful experience in Vancouver last July with sunny days at about 75 degrees (F.) and cool nights at about 60 degrees. Anyone know what we should expect for weather in Toronto/Niagra in early July? And what kind of humidity should we expect?
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 06:42 AM
BAK

Who knows?

Winter has skipped Toronto this year.

But mostly, expect mid-eighties, medium humidity. Certainly warmer than Vancouver, but cooler than the US mid-west.

Getting to 100 is very, very rare. Getting to 90 is rare.

People walk around outdoors without being miserable in July.

Niagara is aboutthesame,a nd well worth a visit.

BAK
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM
BAK

Thinking about it more, low eighties might be more accurate. Or high seventies. And usually around 70 in the evening.

BAK
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, BAK. It's been like spring here too since December. Crazy...does make you wonder what summer will bring. Anyway, thanks again for the weather info.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM

About that humidity thing. . . .

It all depends on what you are used to. . . .

Being from the dry prairies, I find that landing in Toronto anytime between mid-June and late September is like landing into a sauna!! Ugh!!!
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM

LOL..... I live in Toronto but spent all of last summer in Kansas City....now THAT was a sauna!
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 05:26 AM

Weren't there something like 42 days over 90F here last summer....with high humidity?
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 07:13 AM

If you want to escape heat and humidity, Toronto isn't really the place to do that in July. North of the city is gorgeous in the Muskokas, but we have had a couple of very hot and humid summers here.

As you probably know, the humidex factor can significantly increase the "feels like" temperature... which can mean 80 F. leaves you wilted as if it was 90F.

Check the weather stats here:

http://www.theweathernetwork.ca/weat...7.htm?CAON0696

If you want more of a relief from the heat, try the Rockies or the Maritimes....both have lots to offer!
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 07:22 AM

TobieT makes a good point....what about atlantic Canada? Cool, scenic, and friendly.

Old Mar 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone for the helpful input. I've already made our flight reservations for Toronto (non-refundable ) so keep your fingers crossed that this summer is cooler than last. We're from Omaha, NE so I can relate to gannetmusic's comment about Kansas City. Omaha probably gets just a tad less heat and humidity, but not much less. If it's hot in Totonto while we're there, we'll just have to spend our time at museums, etc to keep cool. We were in Door County, Wisconsin on Lake Michigan two summers ago in July and it was a bit warmer than we would have preferred, but not that bad. I'm thinking Toronto will be similar in temperature/humidity for the time of year. Somtimes when you want to experience new places, you just have to bite the bullet and take a chance. Thanks again for all your help!