Need hotel advise & event info

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Ellen

Need hotel advise & event info

Travelling to Montreal for the first time. Thinking about staying at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth on the Gold Floor and looking for some feedback. Will welcome other suggestions as well. Would like luxury accomodations (can actually afford it for this trip because of the exchange rate!). Also, if anyone knows of any interesting events or theater going on over Thanksgiving weekend, I would love to know about it. Thanks in advance.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:35 AM
kate

Hi, Ellen, there have been a few hotel threads lately, try those and I will recommend the Omni (we stayed in the Jr Suite overlooking the Mt Royal), the Vogue and for boutique hotels, we will be staying at the Le Germain (second time) and I have heard wonderful things about the Nelligan.<BR>They all have websites I think.<BR>The Fairmont is huge and I think might lack a certain amount of charm.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:36 AM
kate

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp<BR><BR>Ellen,<BR>I have been using this site to find out concerts/dance info for our time in Montreal. It is pretty good.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 01:08 PM
JD

Ellen, as a fellow New Yorker(?), I can whole heartedly recommend the Omni. It was a Westin (and a Four Seasons) in a previous life and every room I've had there (standard up to jr. suite) has been luxe, huge with marble bath, mahogany furniture and great views of Mount Royal. It's a 4* hotel that's not as huge as Queen Elizabeth, and in a great location near elegant shops and museums (the "Fifth avenue" of Montreal).<BR>Very elegant, but not stuffy.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Ellen

Thank you! I am going to do a bit more research and check out these other hotels. The assistance is appreciated.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 05:57 PM
xxx

JD: Why not consider Fifth Avenue the Sherbrooke of New York?