Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have the wesite for the Keltic Lodge in Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Jun 27th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

I haven't been able to locate it. Thank you.
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:33 PM
KT

If you're searching on keywords including Halifax, you probably won't find it. It's not in Halifax, but in Ingonish, on Cape Breton:

http://www.signatureresorts.com/Home.asp
Jun 28th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Yes, it would probably help to know where it was. Thanks. I appreciate the help.
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Dear Jday, the other poster is right the Keltic Lodge is located on Cape breton Island on the Famous Cabot Trail & is approx. 1 1/2 hr from the town of baddeck. Try www.signatureresorts.com or www.capebretonhighlands.com or 1 800 565 0444.
Jun 29th, 2003, 07:23 AM

You can find very good advice (and soemtimes questionable advice) in this forum, but you have to wait awhile for a response. Your question, a very good one, could have been obtained in about 15 seconds by simply going to an internet search engine (google.com is my favorite) and typing in "keltic lodge nova scotia." This goes for just about any topic or bit of information you can think of. It is simply astounding how vast the web is now. No matter how esoteric or vague an inquiry, you can usually find it (or something close) via the search engines. A few months back a friend of the family asked my wife whether she could find a particular brand of Chinese green tea she had bought in the distant past but could no longer locate. We found gobs of green teas under lots of different brands (learing that the teas came from quite a few different plants) but had to work extra hard to find this particular green tea. My wife found it on a website owned by a Chinese tea importer, the only one who imports that particular brand of green tea. I can't imagine how we would have found it otherwise had it not been an internet search engine.
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:42 AM

To waltd - I agree with much of what you said - but, I have been searching the web for Thai tea - the light orange colored stuff that I know is sold in a powder-like tea form. I know this is a very strange way and place to ask this - but if you are re-checking this post, any ideas?