Doctor in Quebec City for foreigners

Old Mar 1st, 2022, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doctor in Quebec City for foreigners

Hello, we're planning to travel to Quebec City from the U.S. soon but are concerned about COVID-19 requirements. Per my trip insurance, if I get COVID and need to isolate, I would need a doctor's order confirming isolation. I checked with testing sites recommended by our hotel and the tourism bureau, but none of them would be able to provide a doctor's order. After isolation, if I'm still testing positive, I would also need a doctor's clearance for travel to meet U.S. entry requirements. Are there any clinics near the Old City/port area with a doctor who would see a foreign national and possibly be able to provide these two things, if necessary? I have medical insurance. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old Mar 16th, 2022, 07:50 PM

You are required to be fully vaccinated to enter Canada, and to have a pre-entry Covid test, if you are not vaccinated you will not be admitted. Some of these rules will be changed by the end of March and I'm not sure if the rules in Quebec are the same as in other provinces.
If you are unwell and need to see a doctor, a hospital is the best place to go, a clinic or family doctor may not be equipped to cope with possible Covid cases.
I suggest you contact the Quebec Ministry of health for further details, they have a website, and there is probably a help line also.
Old Mar 17th, 2022, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info; I appreciate it! Hopefully, all will go well.