Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   DIscounted attractions book for Montreal (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/discounted-attractions-book-for-montreal-631563/)

AlexA Jul 17th, 2006 09:36 AM

DIscounted attractions book for Montreal

On previous trips, I've picked up a small booklet of discounts for attractions in Montreal and elsewhere in Quebec. It was put out by a bread comapny, with a name something like "pom".
Does this sound familiar? Are there booklet around this year( I think VISA also had one), and are there any other such discounts you are aware of? I am looking for museums, some activities at Vieux Port, etc. The 3 day museums pass does not work for me becasue I will not be around enough to make it worthwhile.

AlexA Jul 18th, 2006 09:18 AM

Topping.
anyone?

mitchdesj Jul 18th, 2006 10:29 AM

Pom bread was bought out by

www.multimarques.com

I can't remember seeing the discount book.

zootsi Jul 18th, 2006 12:43 PM

I know what you are referring to - a tourist oriented guidebook with lots of cupons. They are usually available just about anywhere, although I haven't been to Montreal lately.

poutine Jul 19th, 2006 03:59 AM

Mine came in the mail, so I can't tell you where to find one. There is a website listed at pom.ca

For Vieux-Port, the discounts include:
International Flora $2
Jet Boating $8
Speedboating $3
Labyrinthe du Hangar 16 $2
Bateau Mouche $2
Quadricycle rental 30 minutes free
Sir George Etienne Cartier historical site 20% off

AlexA Jul 19th, 2006 07:14 AM

Poutine (!)--if you don't mind checking, can you tell me if there are vouchers for Pointe a Calliere or other museums too? I will look for the book once I'm in Montreal now that I know it still exists. I just hate it when I find a discount for something right after I've bought it!

JQReports Jul 19th, 2006 09:44 AM

If you have a CAA/AAA card, there are often unadvertised discounts to the main attractions.

JQ

poutine Jul 19th, 2006 11:08 AM

Don't see a coupon for Pointe a Calliere in the Pom booklet. Those for Laval and Montreal include:
Cosmodome - 2 for 1 entry
Recreateque - $7
Biodome - 15%
Jardin Botanique - 15%
Planetarium - 15%
Jetboating Lachine Rapids - $8
Biosphere - 15%
La Ronde - $3
Olympic Park - 15%
Amphibus - $3
Science Centre - 10%
Imax - 10%
AML cruise - $6

If you think the price is worth it, there are many more discounts in the Entertainment Guide for Montreal, including Pointe a Calliere at 2 for 1 entry.

I am wondering if I should change my screen name.......poutine is actually a quebec delicacy comprising fries, and cheese curd slathered in gravy. Not for the artery congested!

mitchdesj Aug 10th, 2006 03:08 PM

I found the POM booklet today at the Bay store on ste catherine store, main floor, the counter where they have the tax refunds for tourists.

There's a $2 discount for Pointe à Callières.

AlexA Aug 14th, 2006 07:52 AM

Just came back from Montreal where I did find the POM book. Went to the Canadian architecture museum this time instead of Pointe a Calliere.