Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Daytrip to Victoria from Seattle - report
Notices

Daytrip to Victoria from Seattle - report

Aug 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Daytrip to Victoria from Seattle - report

The report from my daytrip up to Victoria is on my blog. I went from Seattle via the Victoria Clipper and visited Butchart Gardens and had tea at the Empress hotel. I also had some time for a quick walk up Government Street. Would love to get back and see more - it's a very easy daytrip from Seattle. If you'd like to read more/see the pics, the links are:

http://caroundtheworld.com/2010/08/0...chart-gardens/

http://caroundtheworld.com/2010/08/0...rmont-empress/

Chris
Aug 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM

It's so lovely at Butchart Gardens. Nice photos ... how nice that you were there on a sunny day. Thanks for posting.
Aug 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Hi Chris

I tend to advise against a day trip to Victoria from Seattle, given that I tend to think of it as exhausting and I feel Victoria merits more time than that. This said, you seem to have spared yourself exhaustion by dozing on the Clipper and had a wonderful time, experiencing both Butchart Gardens and Tea at the Empress (two Victoria highlights) so maybe my advice is off-the-mark for some types of travellers. Thanks for sharing (great pictures BTW!).

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Daniel - Thanks! I agree, one day is not enough time to see everything in Victoria. I really wanted to go to the Royal British Columbia Museum, for example, as well as Chinatown. But if you are in Seattle and only have one day to get out of town, you can get at least a glimpse of the city. I'll be back for sure.

Search this Thread