Notices

Cowichan Valley Vancouver Island

Jul 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Cowichan Valley Vancouver Island

Hello! We'll be visiting Vancouver Island for six nights at the end of September, arriving in and out of Nanaimo. We've been to Victoria before so weren't including it on this trip. Originally were going to spend all our time in Tofino but have been reading good things about the Cowichan Valley ie. Wineries, cideries, foodie haven. Would love to hear from anyone who can let me know if this is as great an area as the marketing material suggests and is worth spending a day or two exploring. Many thanks for any help!
Jul 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM

smithdale, don't miss merridale cidery. great range of ciders , beautiful setting and excellent dining.

for years the ymca in victoria coordinated a 40 km eat drink and bicycle excursion. reports are probably accurate

divino has excellent rather inexpensive wines. zanatta just above duncan is excellent. they gave us the wine for my wedding!

cheers
AndrewDavid
Jul 30th, 2013, 09:13 AM

At the end of September the leaves may be changing and we always drive through there as the colors are beautiful. There are a number of deciduous trees there. I have done wine tours through that area a couple of times in the Fall, Cobble Hill as well.

Search this Thread