Christmas in Montreal/Quebec with kids

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 07:51 AM
ingrid

Christmas in Montreal/Quebec with kids

Hi there: <BR>I'm thinking about a trip to Montreal and/or skiing in Quebec over Christmas. Would it be fun for a family with two kids (9 and 11)? What is there to do? We love outdoors and some cultural activities. The kids have been to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy but not to France proper.

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Ariel

Try this site for some ideas. Especially see their calendar of events. <BR> <BR>http://www.tourism-montreal.org/1_0/index.html <BR> <BR>I assume you mention France as a comparison to Montreal, Quebec, Canada (not that it is actually located in France?)

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 06:10 AM
ingrid

Thanks for the info; I'll look it up. <BR> <BR>Yeah, I skipped something in my comment re. France: They have been in France but just across the border from Germany (Alsace) for a couple of hours. So, I meant that Quebec might give them some idea of a French-speaking country/culture sinc ethey haven't been in France for a longer time.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Ed Prifogle

<BR>There are several wonderful sking areas right near Montreal.You are in luck. My city of the week is Montreal. <BR> <BR> View the following web site <BR> <BR> http://vetstravel.net/montreal.html <BR> <BR> If you need specific information on where to stay and points of interest contact me at <BR> [email protected] <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Sandra

Ingrid, <BR>I spent a week this summer in Quebec City and really enjoyed it. We spent two nights at Mont Ste Anne and did some hiking there. Everyone in our group were thinking that we'd like to come back to do some skiing - especially since the exchange rate is so favorable. Quebec City is lovely, and very French very picturesque and european. We also enjoyed staying at Lle d'Orleans which is a 20 mile long island in the middle of the St. Laurence. The island is very rural with farms, vineyards, etc. <BR>I did notice advertisements for dog sledding and that might be something that your family would enjoy trying. <BR>I would think that a winter vacation in Quebec City would be something your family would enjoy.