Search

Montreal Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:23 AM
Donna

Montreal Hotels

After having read the hotel comments from everyone - I'm even more confused. Looking for moderate priced larger hotel (under 150USD. Every time I decide - I read something I don't like about it. Have narrowed down to Omni, Delta Montreal, Renaissance and Hilton. Location is very important - want to be able to walk to nightlife, shops (St. Denis area) and close to subway station. Help????

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:14 AM
zootsi

If you are looking for a hotel near the St. Denis nightlife, the best 'big' hotel would be the Crowne Plaza. The Delta on President Kennedy & Sherbrooke is also not bad, since it's close to the downtown, and a 20-30 minute walk to St. Denis. The Omni is quite nice, but not close to St. Denis, since it's on the west side of downtown.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:17 AM
x

Renaissance (avenue des pins?)is actually very close to St Denis, not really near anything else, though. It looks like a boring concrete box from the outside, but is much nicer inside.<BR>It should, however, be significantly less expensive than the others though. It was when I went, and though it's a nice hotel, it isn't in the class of the Hilton or Omni.<BR>Hilton is in a more central location to downtown and Old Montreal but I didn't care for either the location, or the hotel itself which is really huge

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:51 PM
Donna

For $150 US Dollars or less, you can do very well in Montreal. Have you looked at a MAP?

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:42 AM
x

topping for rachael

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:08 AM
ttt

ttt