Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheap accomodations near Vancouver Airport

May 28th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

We're looking for a room near the airport for one night for a reasonable rate. Since we plan on arriving late and leaving early, we don't want to spend a fortune. Basically, we just want it to be a decent (read-clean) place to sleep before catching our flight early the next morning. Any suggestions?
May 28th, 2003, 03:46 PM

Check out the Holiday Inn Express at Vancouver Airport:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/EX/hd/yvria

There's a complimentary shuttle service. We found it very convenient for just the type of situation you describe.
May 28th, 2003, 05:37 PM

we just stayed at the Executive Inn Express,in Richmond, only five minutes from the airport. It wasn't the fanciest hotel in the world, but it was clean and the price was right. We booked right through the hotel, but I'm attaching a site that might be cheaper. I'd certainly stay there again if I was flying into or out of Vancouver. We ate at the restaurant there and were pleasantly surprised, as it was delicious.
here is the site http://www.fastres.com/canada/bc/richmond/182011.html?
Hae fun.
May 31st, 2003, 07:30 PM

We stayed several times at what was the Delta Resort and Conference Centre but is now split into the Ramada and the Park Plaza. Great hotel and we always got excellent rates. We have stayed at the Stay and Save next door as well but I don't know if they have a shuttle. There is also the Coast Hotel which is actually on the Vancouver side but is the same distance to the airport as the other two. You just have to go over the bridge on the airport 'expressway'. We've also stayed at the Sheraton Four Points and that was nice. Do you ever book through Priceline?
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:19 AM

Hi Melissa;
You might also check the Accent Inn. It's a motel style but clean, comfortable, friendly staff and with a Perkins restaurant attached. We stayed there last fall when we were doing a flyout and found it quite convenient -- only about a 5 min. drive to the airport. They also have a shuttle. This site will connect you directly to their YVR location.
http://accentinns.com/vancouver_airport/