Reload this Page >

Flying from Newark NJ to Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:19 PM
caroline

has anyone done it and how long is the flight? <BR>If you had the time, would you rather drive or fly? <BR>Also-how far is the airport to the center of town, Dorval to say Sherbrook? <BR>Thanks for your thoughts.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Louis

Newark - Montreal: 1 hr in the air.<BR>Newark - Montreal by car: 6 to 7 hours.<BR>I-87 is very scenic from Albany to border. If you have the time, it is well worth it.<BR>Dorval airport to Montreal downtown: 20 minute cab ride (flat CAD 28 fee).<BR>

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 04:34 AM
caroline

Louis,<BR>Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed to know

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Lois

We drive frequently to Montreal; quite a scenic drive through the Adirondacks, and you'll want to get to Mtl as fast as possible, since there is absolutely nothing to eat along the way. We make it easily from NYC metro area within 7 hours or less; very little traffic, except for a bit around Albany. The flight is 1hr 20min.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 09:38 AM
caroline

Thanks Lois,<BR>we have done the drive for a few years now, I enjoy it. The Adirondacks are always beautiful. But since time will be short this time, I am thinking of gritting my teeth and getting on a plane<BR> This is very helpful, thank you. I think I can stand an hour and a half~

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 10:36 AM
DianeG

Caroline, maybe you should factor in the TOTAL time that flying would entail: driving to the airport (taxi, getting a ride, or parking your car); the extra two hours before departure to check-in (Montreal is considered an int'l flight); the assumption that your flight actually leaves & arrives on time; collecting checked-in baggage; driving to downtown from the airport. This bumps the trip up to, at the very least, a 4 1/2 hour proposition.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 10:59 AM
caroline

Thanks Diane,<BR> We can get to the airport within 30 minutes, have an excellent car service,and even at 4 1/2 hours, that beats the 6 hrs or so it takes to drive to Montreal. <BR> We want to use our days BEING there rather than GETTING there<BR>