Next summer I was thinking I might like to do some "bicycle tourism", visiting P.E.I this way (bringing my bike on the train to Moncton and then bus to Charlottetown); I would not have a car. I've never been to P.E.I. before.
I've heard there are bicycle tourism programs whereby one can bike long-distances and someone will transport your luggage each day to your end destination. This option does not appeal to me so much.
Rather, what I'd like to do is spend 6 days/one week in Charlottetown and do bicycle adventures on a number of days... and visit some C'town sights on a rainy day. 40-50 km each way is roughly about what I would enjoy. Ideas I had were visiting Argyle Shore, going north one day to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence/Brackley Beach, going to Mount Stewart, St. Peter's Bay, i.e., branching out in different directions on alternate days.
My questions for you are (and I want your ideas! If you like it, I want to know about it, even if other people don't like it as much):
1. Are there any routes for biking you particularly recommend (well-paved, nice scenery, not-too-strenuous, strenuous-but-worth-it-for-the-exercise)? (or would not recommend)?
2. If you had to pick two or three places to bike to, where would you choose? (I like to swim, beaches are cool, I'll put my swimsuit in my backpack)
3. Any bike repair shops you especially like in C'town?
4. Do you think C'town is an OK base?
Thanks so much, best wishes,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 SAFARI BROWSER 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact SAFARI Tec*h care
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise accommodation and must do's.
- 3 East Cost Road trip from Toronto to NB, PEI, NS in 9 days
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in 7 Days
- 5 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 6 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 7 Montreal for new Years
- 8 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 9 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 10 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 11 Toronto - here we come!
- 12 Christmas in Quebec City
- 13 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 14 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 15 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 16 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 17 Montreal for New Years
- 18 Babymoon Destination
- 19 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 20 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 21 My Family Travle Vlog
- 22 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 25 Quebec City Cozy Pubs