Looking at a map of Charlottetown, it looks like the central part is roughly the rectangle of streets between Euston and Water St., and between Rochford and Weymouth Streets.
I'm planning on using Charlottetown as a roughly weeklong base or so next summer for some cycling adventures on PEI (I live in Montreal). My thought was to relax and enjoy what central Charlottetown has to offer for one or two of the days, my plan being to walk around and chill in Charlottetown. Since I don't drive, my question is: if I stay near/in what seems to me the central part listed above, while I see there are some restaurants and pubs recommended in my guidebook, are there amenities such as pharmacies, cafes or a market/grocery store, or is it one of these North American towns where you have to own a car to get to the nearest market/supermarket? I might be able to manage groceries with my bike on a pleasant day if need be... but on a rainy day, it would be nice to have a grocery store nearby.
Do you have any favourite streets near this central grid(I enjoy older homes/buildings, architectural flourish) that you especially appreciate (I'll check them out if you like them)? I enjoy parks too, so I guess Victoria Park is where to head to? Vegetarian/healthy restaurant suggestions will be welcomed too...
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 yahoo MAIL $ 1888:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7
- 2 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 3 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 4 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Montreal for New Years
- 7 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 8 Babymoon Destination
- 9 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 10 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 13 Ottawa in December
- 14 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 15 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 16 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 17 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 18 Montreal & Quebec City
- 19 Victoria in December
- 20 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 21 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 22 Happy Canada Day
- 23 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 24 What is famous in canada?
- 25 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria