My husband and I are from New Zealand and we are planning on taking our honeymoon in Canada (with a quick stop in the US at the beginning and end) in September/October. We have 5 weeks. Neither of us have been there before. We have our flights booked into Seattle and out of New York, but nothing booked in between!! We need some suggestions on things to do, best travel options, and any tips (ie which internal airlines to fly with, rental car companies, train etc). Any advice on any/all aspects of our itinerary would be much appreciated!
1. Fly into Seattle on 5 September (spend a few days visiting a friend) - suggestions on things to do?
2. Travel to Vancouver (trying to decide whether to get a one-way rental car or catch a train)?
3. Spend a few days in Vancouver- need to find accommodation here - suggestions? How long do we need in Vancouver?
4. Drive Vancouver to Calgary (a few stops along the way over a few days...looking for recommendations on the best route to take, how many days we should allow and places to stop/stay)
5. Stay with friends in Calgary and explore surrounds, Lake Louise etc (+- 10 days)
6. Fly to Montreal
7. Spend a few days in Montreal staying with a friend - again things to do/see/experience
8. Travel around Montreal surrounds (is there anywhere recommended to go for a few days?)
9. Fly Montreal to New York
10. Spend 4-5 days in New York
11.Fly back to New Zealand
We are in our early 30's and outdoorsy/active. We want a trip that's a blend of exploring, culture, music (gigs/concerts), food and adventure.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 2 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Montreal for New Years
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Babymoon Destination
- 8 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 9 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 12 Ottawa in December
- 13 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 14 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 15 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 16 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 17 Montreal & Quebec City
- 18 Victoria in December
- 19 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 20 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 21 Happy Canada Day
- 22 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 23 What is famous in canada?
- 24 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 25 May2018 Banff accomodations