can some tell em the best way to get from vancouver to kamloops

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 02:39 PM
nikki

can some tell em the best way to get from vancouver to kamloops

by train or bus?

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Al Godon

By car, Trans Canada to Hope.<BR>Coquihalla Tollway to Kamloops, unless you want to stay on the Trans Canada for more scenery along the Fraser River. <BR>The TC route is longer and slower than the Coquihalla route.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 11:29 PM
April

I don't know about the train but I took the bus on that route once and I remember it as being very long and tiring. Hopefully the train wouldn't be worse.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 10:38 PM
kerry

Be careful if you are driving through Hope. They have a good old fashioned speed trap and the ticket is $175. They don't tag the big lorries that ride your bumpers, and the police didn't care that there had been no place to pull over and let them pass. Apparently this is quite normal in Hope.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:30 AM
Scott

Nikki: <BR> <BR>The bus goes every couple of hours from the main Vancouver bus terminal at Main St. and Terminal Avenue(Science World Skytrain stop). It takes about five hours to get to Kamloops, but is air conditioned and has movies on board. Make sure you get an express bus, or you'll be stopping in several smaller places along the way to pick up and drop off other travellers. <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR> <BR>Scott