It's holiday planning time...
One serious option for our 2016 summer trip would be from Calgary to Vancouver Island to Vancouver.
Our working schedule would have 5 "chapters" (1x Rocky Mountains, 3x Vancouver Island, 1x Vancouver), each of a certain duration, as follows:
D-01: flight and arrival at Calgary
D-02, 03, 04, 05: departure from Calgary via Jasper, Tête Jaune Cache and Kamloops towards Vancouver, visit of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
D-05 in the evening, arrival at Vancouver somewhere close for the ferry to Vancouver Island the next day.
D-06: arrival on Vancouver Island, destination 1, for 3 nights.
D-09: destination 2 for 4 nights.
D-13: destination 3 for 4 nights.
D-17: transfert to Vancouver (city) for 5 nights, to visit and enjoy the city summer life.
Our "politics" behind this schedule are:
- Inbound on Calgary, outbound from Vancouver, the other way round is not possible, Vancouver City comes at the end of the trip.
- We only take one car rental, and we don’t need a car in Vancouver city.
- We appreciate longer stays at each base point, just to have a swim, read a book, do nothing other than sip a local brew,... although we know that one night stays are sometimes inevitable.
- General interests: 1 to 3 hours hikes during the day (but not every day!!!), enjoy natural and cultural heritage, fine eating especially fish and seafruit-shellfish, do nothing at the swimming pool
- Canadian Rockies part, a hike in some NP is mandatory…
- On Vancouver Island, we take 3 base points to cover the "close neighbourhood" with daytrips.
General appreciation regarding the number of “chapters” and the days accorded?
Do we need 3 different spots on Vancouver Island, or 2, eventually longer than 4 nights? Any suggestions where?
Suggestions of nice spots for the entire trip?
Fire away please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 3 Montreal for new Years
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Toronto - here we come!
- 8 Christmas in Quebec City
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 11 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 12 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 13 Montreal for New Years
- 14 Babymoon Destination
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 17 My Family Travle Vlog
- 18 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 19 Ottawa in December
- 20 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 21 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 22 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 23 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Victoria in December
Calgary/VancouverIsland/Vancouver trip, 3 weeks, first schedule