Reload this Page >

Toronto weather in April???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 01:38 AM
Bill

What is the weather in Toronto like in April (first half of the month)?<BR><BR>I'm from the UK and will be visiting then. I'm unsure what to pack for....cold weather, rainy weather, sunny weather (I wish!).<BR><BR>Bill

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 03:45 AM
bert

It could be all 3 Bill, as April is traditionally unpredictable, so be prepared to layer. We've had a peculiar winter, with wide fluctuation in temps, not a lot of precip., and the long range outlook is for a cooler wetter spring than normal. It should stay above freezing and no snow, so heavy coats aren't required, but downtownToronto can be very chilly damp and windy on a cloudy day. Lined jackets with a vest and/or warm sweater would likely come in handy. Personally, I hope the forecasters are wrong ... our tulips are up, shrubs are budding, and perennials are peeking through so perhaps you will be treated to a week of lovely 15C Canadian spring weather!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:11 AM
brian kilgore

We go around singing "April showers bring May flowers" and we don't plant our gardens until the end of May, if this helps.<BR><BR>It is unlikely to be frosty, but maybe.<BR><BR>No winter coats needed, though.<BR><BR>I think it will be very much like London, if that helps.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:26 AM
bill

thanks for the replies.<BR><BR>Bill<BR>

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 09:34 AM
catherine

i'm planning a long weekend in torontoduring april. i take it that my boyfriend and i should pack layers of sweaters and jackets? sturdy walking shoes and some hats and gloves? it's his 1st visit so i want it to go well. many thanks!

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 03:52 AM
bert

I really hope you can skip the hats and gloves! Since TO is a pretty cosmopolitan city, I might suggest you also include something on the dressy/casual side, if you plan to go out to better restaurants for dinner. <BR><BR>For local forecasts closer to your date of departure check <BR>www.theweathernetwork.com <BR>or <BR>http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/ <BR>

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 11:21 AM
catherine

Thanks so much for the advice. I am looking forward to the trip. I'd love to bag the hats & gloves and get dressed up for some fun. I appreciate your help. Take Care & God Bless!