Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > Boston - Bay of Fundy - Nova Scotia - Boston in a week
Notices

Boston - Bay of Fundy - Nova Scotia - Boston in a week

Mar 14th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Boston - Bay of Fundy - Nova Scotia - Boston in a week

Looking for suggestions for the highlights and not to be missed areas for this trip with 4 very active adults (2 in 60s and 2 in 30s) Like hiking and kayaking
Restaurants and places to stay will also be appreciated
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:09 PM

LOL - you guys should go white water river rafting UP stream... (which you can do routinely in spots near Truro, NS)

The hike there that enticed even non-hiking me... was that to Cape Split, NS.

You drive to Wolfville, NS... and then out to Scots Bay and beyond, where you eventually park your car, and take a 5-hour round-trip hike through what was mild underbrush at worst, when I went... the trail may be better by now. (I went with snow and mud on the ground)

Upon arrival, you are on a high cliff, overlooking the Bay of Fundy, with the highest tides in the world roaring all around.

***as much water rushes through the area between Cape Split and Parrsboro in a given day, as runs through all of the rivers on EARTH, COMBINED!! (in the same, single day)

I just wrote-out an itinerary for somebody, and I've written many, many more about NS and surrounds... so if you click on my name, you can find much more detail about various spots.

Search this Thread