Boat Trip from Montreal to Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself (a lady of intermediate years), my sister (of slightly less intermediate years), my 15-year-old son, her 4-year-old son, and our 82-year-old father are planning to take a rail trip from New York City to Montreal in about 3 weeks. We had intended to take VIA to Quebec, since the Chateau Frontenac apparently figures high on my father's bucket list and he's never stayed there. I discovered that there is a company, Voyages AML, that will take you by boat, feed you lunch, put you up for a single night at that desired hotel, and then take you back by rail. This was $299 CAD each for the adults and the semi-adult, and the four-year-old appeared to be free. Has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking it's expensive, but not ridiculously overpriced, and might be a fun alternative to taking the train both ways. We all like trains, and my nephew is becoming a rail buff of the first order, but this is already a fairly train heavy voyage.
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The river trip could be interesting, but the package may not give you very much time in Quebec City. I don't know what you had planned, but if it is only a quick visit with an overnight at the Chateau Frontenac, then this might be worth doing. It is, to my mind, quite expensive. Perhaps there is an option to stay on for another night or so before returning to Montreal.