Blue Horizon or Listel Hotel YVR

Apr 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Blue Horizon or Listel Hotel YVR

I have it down to one of the 2 hotels for our Vancouver getaway in August..

I can't decide which one..They are both about the same price...

Any comments??
Apr 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

I must mention that the Metropolitan is also in the running and just a little more expensive...Which of the 3 would be the best location (most central to shopping, site seeing and restaurants??)
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM

I stayed at Blue Horizon last June. The room was very spacious as I think it used to be a condo at one time. The location is wonderful. It is right in the midst of Robson Street shopping, and if you like to walk, it is centrally located for all sites. The lobby area and restaurant are small but restaurant serves adequate breakfasts---the only meal I had there. We walked to Denman Street where there is a good choice of restaurants. The Blue Horizon is one of the pick up points for the double-decker sighseeing bus. Hotel is not deluxe but good value for money. I am not familiar with the Metropolitan or the Listel so cannot offer a comparison.
Apr 6th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Okay, i went ahead and booked the Blue Horizon...it looks like our type of hotel, more of a casual atmosphere, and the location looks awesome...There is even an Indian Restaurant across the street, so that is awesome as that is our favorite food.

Apr 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM

If you like Indian you *have* to go to Vij's while youre in Vancouver. It's amazing.

Apr 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the recco for the India Restaurant, i will look it up and hopefully will go there!!