Reload this Page >

Best of the Best in Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Verna

I'll be making my first visit to Vancouver in May and would like advice on the best hotel to stay in. There are so many to choose from but I want a really good location for a tourist as well as a luxury experience(price is not a consideration).

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:17 AM
John

Verna, you'll get plenty of opinions, but our favorite is the Sutton Place, formerly the Meridien (chain run by Air France), located just around the corner from Robson St. in the middle of everything. There are hotels in Vancouver with better views and cheaper rates, but the Sutton Place has never disappointed when we wanted a luxurious, convenient, top flight hotel.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Daniel

The Four Seasons Hotel and the Sutton Place are both AAA 5 Diamond Award winning hotels. Either would be excellent choices. For a better view, however, the Westin Bayshore may not be quite as nice (although still beautiful, I'm sure) but is on the water and at the entrance to Stanley Park.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Marilyn

I've stayed at the Sutton, the Four Seasons, and the Pan Pacific. All of them are excellent, but for me, the best has always been the Metropolitan. It is across Howe Street from the Four Seasons and while the rooms are at least as good, if not better, the price is less.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Verna

Thanks to all for helping me narrow it down.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Robyn

I'm a local, so I can't really judge... but the Pan Pacific and the Waterfront hotels are the best for hotels with a view. In fact, the Pan Pacific is a landmark in Vancouver, right over the water... it's where the Alaskan cruises depart from. <BR> <BR>But for service, I've heard nothing but the best about the Sutton Place. Saying that, if there's a concert in town, there's a good chance the band will be staying at the Four Seasons or the Pan Pacific. I think Prince Charles, William & Harry were mobbed by hundreds of fans outside of the Pan Pacific back a few years ago. I only assumed they stayed there! <BR> <BR>Hope this helps!