Reload this Page >

Best Family Resort in Muskoka

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Nora

Any suggestions for a great family resort in Muskoka region? Will be traveling in August with two kids 2 and 10. Looking for great views, water sports, fabulous food and a spa. Thanks - Nora

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 12:04 AM
Bonnie

Depends what you are looking for. Dropped my daughter off at Deerhurst and decided smaller was better for me. Try Cleveland House or Windemere for authentic Muskoka resorts. I think there is a website muskoka.com.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 05:02 PM
bill

check out Elmhurst Resorts - They are going the spa route.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 04:25 AM
JJ

Muskoka Sands or Deerhurst inn are GREAT! Lots to do and beautiful lake

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 05:03 PM
james

Take a look at<BR>http://www.portcarlingboats.com<BR>as they have lots of information and knowledge about Muskoka resorts, lodges,b&b and cottage rentals. Good info on golf and weekend events.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Debbie

I don't think Muskoka Sands has a spa yet, though they're planning one. I would check out Lake Joseph Club.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Gayle

Your criteria of great views, water sporrts, fabulous food and a spa limits you as most resorts have one or two of your criteria, but not all. There is one I can think of that has all and that is The Inn at Manitou. 5 star restaurant, a beautiful spa, great sports programs, terrific views. It's expensive, but their rates include meals and they also have spa packages too. But, you need to ask how kid friendly they are. The dining room is dining, not eating. Personally, I think Deerhurst is disgusting.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Susan

I'm w/ Gayle on Deerhurst! Too big, too sprawling, too crowded, too busy.<BR>We go there to play golf but I wld. never stay there. However, I do like the condos @ Grandview which is a Delta resort (I think it's Delta). There's not much of a beach, very, very small but the pool area is nice (although I do wonder how crowded it gets in August...) And, I am not sure if they have a spa. But you shd. be able to find a nice 2 BR condo there w/ a great view & the food is pretty good in Grandview's main dining room. From Grandview you can set out on day trips. Perhaps a guided canoe trip in Algonquin Park which is maybe 30 minutes away. Excellent hiking trails there too! Let us know what you choose in the end!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Laurie

About 16 years ago, we spent a long weekend at the Fern Resort. It was off season (first weekend in Sept.) so we could afford it. It is quite expensive, but very impressive. The food is included in your pricing, and it is unbelievable. Homemade bisquits at every meal, lots of choices, water sports, golf, hottubs, tennis, pools, etc.<BR>I wonder what they charge these days? It was a very very fun weekend!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
kelly

Definitely the Muskoka Sands! I think the website is www.muskokasands.com. It is beautiful, the food is great and everything you want is at your fingertips. Enjoy!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Rachel

We had a fun stay at the Tamwood Resort in the Huntsville area. small beach, some water sports, indoor pool (was great for a couple of cool & rainy days), delicious food, corny entertainment (they all seem to have the same entertainers on a rotating basis), but no spa that I was aware of. I 've never been to the Fern but several families from my neighbohood (suburbs of buffalo, NY)go on an annual trip there and rave about it. We keep trying to join them, but something always comes up. they like it because it has everything under the sun, and different types of accomodations so everyone is happy.